• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My definition of a new startup vehicle company is when they actually cross the production finish line and have a product to sell. New Startups struggle and will short or long term succeed or fail Based on business decisions and market demand. A couple of new owners received delivery of their FUVs, so they are still in business.
Would you consider Vanderhall a new startup then? They did everything you said and did it by selling their product in half the time, then three years sooner than FUV. Plus sell in all 50 states and internationally.

If I start a company today, make a website , start doing social media, sit for 10 years, borrow money from the general public but produce a product in 2035, then I'm still considered a new startup? Technically, Tesla is a new startup, same for Ford or GM. Is there a timeline? Do we just use "new" instead of "struggling" for a business today, no matter how long they have been in business?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you consider Vanderhall a new startup then? They did everything you said and did it by selling their product in half the time, then three years sooner than FUV. Plus sell in all 50 states and internationally.

If I start a company today, make a website , start doing social media, sit for 10 years, borrow money from the general public but produce a product in 2035, then I'm still considered a new startup? Technically, Tesla is a new startup, same for Ford or GM. Is there a timeline? Do we just use "new" instead of "struggling" for a business today, no matter how long they have been in business?
No.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. So Vanderhall is not a new startup yet has been in business for fewer years than Arcimoto. Maybe it's just if you spend twelve years in R&D with eight iterations of the product, then when you finally go into production, add three years, you are still a new startup. When does it change to just a business?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. So Vanderhall is not a new startup yet has been in business for fewer years than Arcimoto. Maybe it's just if you spend twelve years in R&D with eight iterations of the product, then when you finally go into production, add three years, you are still a new startup. When does it change to just a business?
Here it is. Make it easier for you guys. (Source: Google)

How long a company is called startup?

According to the new rules, an entity will be considered a startup up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation and registration, up from the earlier duration of seven years.

What is the definition of a startup?

What Is a Startup? The term startup refers to a company in the first stages of operations. Startups are founded by one or more entrepreneurs who want to develop a product or service for which they believe there is demand.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here it is. Make it easier for you guys. (Source: Google)

How long a company is called startup?

According to the new rules, an entity will be considered a startup up to 10 years from the date of its incorporation and registration, up from the earlier duration of seven years.

What is the definition of a startup?

What Is a Startup? The term startup refers to a company in the first stages of operations. Startups are founded by one or more entrepreneurs who want to develop a product or service for which they believe there is demand.
Good to see that Arcimoto is not even close to be ing a startup. Now it's just a business. Thanks. Seeing that the company is 15 years old and has crossed the finishline for certification and production, they have passed all stages of operations. They are even to the point where they shut down production to retool for a new model. Thus, way beyond the new startup definition.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good to see that Arcimoto is not even close to be ing a startup. Now it's just a business. Thanks. Seeing that the company is 15 years old and has crossed the finishline for certification and production, they have passed all stages of operations. They are even to the point where they shut down production to retool for a new model. Thus, way beyond the new startup definition.
I’m confused by your on and on and on negative pokes at Arcimoto after having successfully launched production and delivery of their 2019 production model FUV to happy customers, in a lousy COVID infested business climate and economy. Seems like an odd hobby interest, but have your fun.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m confused by your on and on and on negative pokes at Arcimoto after having successfully launched production and delivery of their 2019 production model FUV to happy customers, in a lousy COVID infested business climate and economy. Seems like an odd hobby interest, but have your fun.
In general, other companies figured out a way through it. We are past Covid and past the supply chain issues. If you want to keep hanging onto that, then go ahead. Economy is actually doing great and especially for people with disposable income. The FUV is for those people. Just like Vanderhall.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In general, other companies figured out a way through it. We are past Covid and past the supply chain issues. If you want to keep hanging onto that, then go ahead. Economy is actually doing great and especially for people with disposable income. The FUV is for those people. Just like Vanderhall.
Right now, the SOLO is the only one I know of with the price tag of $15,500 affordable enough for would-be EV 3wheeler buyers. And they have ties in China for cheap labor. If only it had 2 seats.....

Top Bottom