• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What you missed was the key word "....... and we're working on full enclosure. Doors are difficult from an engineering and manufacturing perspective. "

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What you missed was the key word "....... and we're working on full enclosure. Doors are difficult from an engineering and manufacturing perspective. "
Yep, they will not design/engineer/and set up production to manufacture full doors on the tubular frame. Hoping they reengineer a stamped or light weight composite frame as part of the 1.x platform that would allow for proper tight fit sealed doors with windows. Providing they are actually working on the 1.x platform. Regardless I’m to old to see it even if they do. Far to many new startup issues, hurdles, and roadblocks even after the start of production. A few of the original 100 production model owners still haven’t received their included optioned half doors.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not street legal but just look at this:
https://www.polaris.com/en-us/off-road/ranger/

Then look at the door options (these doors are removable). You have either manual or electric windows.
https://www.polaris.com/en-us/shop/off-road/accessories/doors/ranger-doors/

It's not that hard for full doors but it seems that Arcimoto decided it was not needed and I have a feeling that they are regretting that decision. If Polaris can do it, then Arcimoto could have too. All they had to do is buy a Ranger with the 4 full doors. Take it apart, copy the design and adapt it to the FUV. Then offer it as an option just like Polaris does. Thus, if you don't want doors, don't buy them. If you want doors, buy them and have the option of removing them when you want and store them in the garage. Polaris even offers a roof and windscreen as an accessory.

It's not difficult from engineering and manufacturing if you designed the product from the beginning to have them. I would have thought after 8 iterations over 10 years, they would have heard someone say, "How about offering full doors that are removable for the people that want them?"

The horse farm down from where I live has 4 Rangers. One of them is a 4 door with doors. I looked at it and it's not rocket science to make a thermoformed door with an electric window which the whole thing seals. Yet they could do it but Arcimoto couldn't. It's not like Arcimoto needed to meet car safety specifications, thus doors like on a Ranger would do.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto announces that they are back in production. New less effort steering, cup holders, cargo box and colored vinyl. What they didn't say is the base FUV increased in price by 11.1% (from $17,900 to $19,900). There is a 90 day lead time for the 13 states that you can buy one in. Plus, no mention of shipping costs (it's about $2K to my state as I checked it out with them). So, a base FUV is approximately $21,900 for me. I'm going to wait for the $11,900 model. Think about it, why spend 59.6% more on a product when they will lower the price once they get the production ramped up? Plus, shipping will get cheaper as they can leverage the demand based on shipping costs. Ramp up shipping, then the cost goes down.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto gets a $6M loan. Here are the terms.
(i)has an initial term of six (6) months, with the possibility of \a further six (6) month extension upon the satisfaction of certain conditions;

(ii)requires interest payments and fees only until maturity;

(iii)has an interest rate equal to twenty percent (20%) per annum for the first six (6) months (with the possibility of retroactive reduction to 10% if repaid in full within such six (6) months without an event of default having occurred) and zero percent (0%) per annum for the six (6) month extension period;

(iv)contemplates an increase in the interest rate if an event of default occurs;

(v)requires an upfront fee to Lender of $600,000 on the date the loan is made (and an additional facility fee to Lender of $300,000 if the loan is not repaid in full within the first six (6) months or if an event of default occurs);

(vi)requires that, in the event of prepayment, a minimum of $600,000 in interest must have been paid (with the possibility of reduction to $300,000 if repaid in full within the first six (6) months if no event of default has occurred);

(vii)provides that $500,000 of the loan amount is retained as a holdback by Lender for disbursement to Borrower only after certain construction is completed at the real property and the cost of such construction is paid in full by Borrower;

(viii)is fully guaranteed by Holdings; and

(ix)is subject to a limited recourse guaranty by the Company.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto announces that they are back in production. New less effort steering, cup holders, cargo box and colored vinyl. What they didn't say is the base FUV increased in price by 11.1% (from $17,900 to $19,900). There is a 90 day lead time for the 13 states that you can buy one in. Plus, no mention of shipping costs (it's about $2K to my state as I checked it out with them). So, a base FUV is approximately $21,900 for me. I'm going to wait for the $11,900 model. Think about it, why spend 59.6% more on a product when they will lower the price once they get the production ramped up? Plus, shipping will get cheaper as they can leverage the demand based on shipping costs. Ramp up shipping, then the cost goes down.
From 21k down to 12k, at that low price I wouldn't mind the wait.....and I won't care about the full enclosures!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto gets a $6M loan. Here are the terms.
Startups need money. Elio burned through $141,000,000 with no engine, Beta Fleet or certified production model to show for it. I’ve given up on a fully enclosed FUV in my lifetime. My guess is if they stay in business, the FUV 1.x platform will dump the tubular frame to better accommodate full enclosure. Assuming they are even working on a 1.x platform. No updates, so I doubt it. I give them credit for crossing the production finish line, but they lost their way. Perhaps market demand is unproven and the reason for delayed production scale plans. Speculation only and it is what it is and a blast to drive. If I can’t drive a vehicle year around as a daily use commuter, it’s a toy……..typical 3 season use motorcycle in my climate.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

1677118100795.jpeg

Top Bottom