• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't get much uglier than that. Its open cockpit, no heat or A/C. Not much safety on a side impact, or any impact. Did I mention its ugly?
I've heard ugly used to describe the Elio as well. A couple of ugly ducklings about to hatch.

The base SRK is open and the enclosed Cabin with climate control will be an option. Don't ass.u.me safety and safety features until both vehicles have been crash tested.

Actually, a thing of beauty: The SRK is fast, fun, affordable, and no gas ever. Electric powered awesome.

image.png
image.jpeg

Last edited:

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it's no Elio, but to me it addresses many of the inconveniences in a motorcycle with: No gas, weather protection, and comfort. I was on the fence about the Can-Am when it came out, but ultimately decided that they did not look that great and still had the weather issue. At least the Arcimoto has the looks (personal taste), weather protection (doors are optional), added benefit of being electric, and a more comfortable looking 2nd passenger seat. And have you seen the price on a Can-Am? :eek:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Arcimoto will bother with crash tests, or just enjoy their Motorcycle classification? Seems like it would be awfully expensive to do that kind of testing.
There was some discussion on their Facebook Page regarding safety. Beyond the safety features listed on the FAQS Page, it sounded like they may do simulated crash testing. No sense crashing actual SRK motorcycles. They are safety motivated and mentioned that the Gen 8's roll cage will be beefed up considerably on the production model.

Top Bottom