• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was some discussion on their Facebook Page regarding safety. Beyond the safety features listed on the FAQS Page, it sounded like they may do simulated crash testing. No sense crashing actual SRK motorcycles. They are safety motivated and mentioned that the Gen 8's roll cage will be beefed up considerably on the production model.
Are they going into production soon?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are they going into production soon?
Arcimoto has a targeted late 2016 production schedule. My opinion is that it is highly likely based on their business model. They said the plan is to build a pilot fleet of 50 test SRK's this spring. Now if they don't accomplish that stated goal the 2016 production schedule is less likely.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto has a targeted late 2016 production schedule. My opinion is that it is highly likely based on their business model. They said the plan is to build a pilot fleet of 50 test SRK's this spring. Now if they don't accomplish that stated goal the 2016 production schedule is less likely.
I wonder which one are more likely to actually produce by the end of this year, EM or ARCIMOTO?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder which one are more likely to actually produce by the end of this year, EM or ARCIMOTO?
I have money on both. My prediction is neither in 2016, but Arcimoto is better positioned to cross the finish line as first place winner to production.........whenever that may be.

Obviously, the SRK EV urban and Elio ICE suburban commuter vehicles appeal to different markets/demographics and both happen to work for me.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't get much uglier than that. Its open cockpit, no heat or A/C.
Doesn't look too bad to me. Kind of sporty. True, it's more "Snow mobile" than "sports car".

The open cockpit, though, relegates it to the "toy" category more than anything else. No possible way I could justify owning an open-cockpit daily-commuting vehicle. Maybe far-south sun-belters could. This thing should really be sold as a full-cockpit, with removable panels for those days you don't need/want them, like Jeeps.

There was some discussion on their Facebook Page regarding safety. Beyond the safety features listed on the FAQS Page, it sounded like they may do simulated crash testing. No sense crashing actual SRK motorcycles. They are safety motivated and mentioned that the Gen 8's roll cage will be beefed up considerably on the production model.
"Safety motivated"? Of course they are. Isn't everyone? Who in their right mind would say "we don't give a $#!+ about safety"? Simulated testing just isn't good enough in the long run. Sure, you may sucker a few people into missing the small print, but when it comes down to brass tacks it's all talk until you smash a few into that steel wall to see what *really* happens.

I wonder if they will also test this thing by leaving an open-cockpit production model out in the middle of a parking lot through a driving spring thunderstorm. I hope those battery compartments are well-sealed.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad to me. Kind of sporty. True, it's more "Snow mobile" than "sports car".

The open cockpit, though, relegates it to the "toy" category more than anything else. No possible way I could justify owning an open-cockpit daily-commuting vehicle. Maybe far-south sun-belters could. This thing should really be sold as a full-cockpit, with removable panels for those days you don't need/want them, like Jeeps.

"Safety motivated"? Of course they are. Isn't everyone? Who in their right mind would say "we don't give a $#!+ about safety"? Simulated testing just isn't good enough in the long run. Sure, you may sucker a few people into missing the small print, but when it comes down to brass tacks it's all talk until you smash a few into that steel wall to see what *really* happens.

I wonder if they will also test this thing by leaving an open-cockpit production model out in the middle of a parking lot through a driving spring thunderstorm. I hope those battery compartments are well-sealed.
The enclosed panels (like a Jeep) and climate control option takes it beyond a toy. Although, both the SRK and the Elio are future toys for me.

Yes, startup vehicle manufacturer's can and have suckered people with the small print. I've found Arcimoto to be using LARGE BOLD print, having followed their development process/ progress to production since 2007.
I'm not worried about Arcimoto's desire and ability to build a reliable and well crafted fit and finish everyday electric commuter vehicle.................more open/enclosed motorcycle............ than a snowmobile or sports car.

They have already driven the open Gen 8 in a driving thunderstorm. The battery pak appeared to stay dry and more surprising to me so did the rider.

Last edited:

Wanna Green One

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I already have a homebrewed three wheel electric vehicle - this looks like my vehicle's big brother (mine is limited to 30MPH, 1 seat, and 2 small sacks of groceries, 40 mile range. ) People's concerns about electric vehicles (range) are worrying about something that isn't that big a deal once you have one - you just figure out how far you can go, and if you can't go that far, you drive something else. If you have to you find ways of getting a partial charge. I am always hitting up people, know where there are free public outlets in parks, and so on for a little booster charge. I have certain businesses that I have an agreement with "I'll eat lunch at your restaurant whenever I need a charge if you'll let me" and the owner is like "Sure!"

I'm already a fan of the Arcimoto - now let's hope it isn't an Elio-Killer! Certainly worth watching - and with the agressive production schedule (vapour-schedule, likely) my biggest worry is reliability and safety - they haven't done as much homework as Elio has done!

Top Bottom