• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Sorry that thing screams I'm a Soy Latte Skim Milk drinking Vegetarian eating White Hipster all over it."

Please. Hemp milk mochas only.

In all seriousness, we at Arcimoto have nothing but respect for the effort Elio and others are undertaking to redefine the unreasonable patterns of today's transportation paradigm. We think that both the SRK and the Elio will find enthusiastic customers and significant market penetration. Which solution is right for you will depend on your vehicle usage patterns and needs. Generation 8 will actually be a further differentiation within this broad category, and we look forward to sharing it with everyone who hungers for a simple, reasonable and awesome way of getting around. Stay tuned ;-).

Hey Mark, your website says the Gen8 will be released this summer. That is 2015, correct?:noidea:

Mark Frohnmayer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

Hey Mark, your website says the Gen8 will be released this summer. That is 2015, correct?:noidea:

We put the Generation 8 engineering mule on the road in August and have been testing it for the last couple months. We've now begun the build of 2 Gen 8 Alpha prototypes that will actually look like the real product. We're also polishing up our next refresh of the web site, so expect some goodness to show up very soon.

Directly to your point, I also updated our teaser web text to be a little more clear.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Sorry that thing screams I'm a Soy Latte Skim Milk drinking Vegetarian eating White Hipster all over it."

Please. Hemp milk mochas only.

In all seriousness, we at Arcimoto have nothing but respect for the effort Elio and others are undertaking to redefine the unreasonable patterns of today's transportation paradigm. We think that both the SRK and the Elio will find enthusiastic customers and significant market penetration. Which solution is right for you will depend on your vehicle usage patterns and needs. Generation 8 will actually be a further differentiation within this broad category, and we look forward to sharing it with everyone who hungers for a simple, reasonable and awesome way of getting around. Stay tuned ;-).

I take credit for that remark sir *shuffles feet looking down embarrassed*. I also ate my words upon a second look.

Welcome.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow...I'm Internet famous :D.

In all honesty the mileage range of your vehicle would leave stranded in Baltimore City during my commute.

Yes...that part of Baltimore City :D.

I drive at least 130 miles round trip plus several days a week. Much of it Interstate but some in places where driving well above the speed limit and ignoring traffic signals is a given

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
tell it to tesla, he didn't see your post on the way to the bank
ts.jpg

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/600-mile-range-tesla-specs-news-rumors/

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eventually, I think the range issue will go away for the most part for commuter electric vehicles. Batteries are getting better rapidly and the cost is dropping. The problem that I see is that battery cost/performance increases are more applicable to larger packs, so smaller vehicles that are space and weight constrained will still be relatively expensive for quite a while. And cost is what, I think, will relegate compact electric drive vehicles like the Arcimoto to a niche market for the next 3-7 years. Both it and the Elio seem to target a similar need, but the ~$5000 higher base price of the Arcimoto would pay for over 100k miles worth of gas for the Elio. It's for this reason that I just don't see electric making sense right now. When gas prices are much higher (>~$6/gal national average), which I don't doubt that I'll see that in my lifetime, small electric vehicles will likely be the best way to go. It's just that they're a bit ahead of their time, for now.

Of course, none of that should discourage investment in the technology. The vehicle I buy in 7-15 years to replace my Elio will likely be electric and the same is probably true for a large section of the market.

Top Bottom