• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A popular solution: The V Twin Motorcycle seems most appropriate.
But those engine sounds are only hearable inside the car, right? You'd still have to set up some kind of speaker/amp solution to pipe the sounds outside? Something that would stop when you start to load your Kenny G playlist.

BTW, I've seen the videos of the tests of the new Elio engine. It sounds hella powerful, but has anyone gotten any recordings of how the Elio sounds to bystanders?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But those engine sounds are only hearable inside the car, right? You'd still have to set up some kind of speaker/amp solution to pipe the sounds outside? Something that would stop when you start to load your Kenny G playlist.

BTW, I've seen the videos of the tests of the new Elio engine. It sounds hella powerful, but has anyone gotten any recordings of how the Elio sounds to bystanders?

The Soundracer product was developed specifically to use as an alerting System (warning sounds) for electric and hybrid vehicles.
IMG_7019.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Irony ......
For years we had to have mufflers to pass inspection.
For years we got ticketed for loud mufflers. (excessive noise)
Could it be that when there is finally a quiet vehicle we will be cited for not enough noise.
Who would have thought we would see this day?
You could always play music and have all the kids think it's the ice cream truck ;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I have a SIL for Elio and SOLO... would be nice to see something from Arcimoto... and Tesla for that matter.
The lastest from the Arcimoto FB were Arcimoto comments saying that they will be moving into their new factory next month.
They stated that they anticipate units rolling off the line in April and Customer deliveries in the summer.
They also stated that they are now building the few units reserved for the investors.
Those being the "Signature Series". Comments dated the 12th and 13th.

They've since hidden those comments along with a large number of others unrelated to that issue.

Their website, however, confirms that they are targeting April for production.
To the best of my knowledge, they are not committing to SIL estimates at this time.

https://www.arcimoto.com/preorder/

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not looking for a date, really, just wondering what my SIL is. Do you already know yours?
That makes sense. I don't have a reservation on a SRK yet.
I believe that both EMV and Arcimoto will start delivering this year.

Even though my Arcimoto deposit would be refundable...
I view it as a commitment that I'd want to follow through on.
I'm afraid buying all three vehicles might be beyond my budget.

Ken, I suggest you email Mark.
Please let me know how he responds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom