• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, it does NOT meet all other state requirements for being an autocycle, then.
Didn't say that it did. I Just stated a plain true fact. And yes, for a good number of states, it does seem to matter.
I said, "The Solo meets all the other states' requirements for an autocycle designation except for air bags and ABS."

Should i really have had to state it as...
"The Solo meets all the states' requirements for an autocycle designation except for THOSE STATES that require air bags and ABS"?

I just read the two statements again and they still mean the same thing to me.

To my knowledge, no-one from Arcimoto has complained or cried about EM's efforts regarding state autocycle laws.

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's debatable that the crowded field of EV 3 wheelers classified as motorcycles leaves room for many winners. Barely space for even Big 3 auto. Very easy to go from low to no production. At the dog park this morning I showed 11 people pictures of the SRK, the E1C, and the Solo. Don't know if the shot of the E1C from above is the reason but only 1 person didn't prefer the E1C and they liked the Solo. The SRK comment I heard 4-5 times is that it looks like it belongs on a golf course not the interstate. Everyone thought the Solo looked like a big toe, stubby or chopped off. All but one loved the aero styling and solid appearance of the E1C. So then I talked about the ICE and it seems that at least in this small sample...range matters.
Thank You for the unbiased opinion of dogs. I agree, I like the Elio looks better. I like front wheel drive tadpoles better, even though I have never driven one. If the Elio, and Solo, and the others were the same price, with what I know so far, I would prefer the Elio.
The truth though is until seen and driven in person, impossible to make a good decisions on untested vehicles.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To my knowledge, no-one from Arcimoto has complained or cried about EM's efforts regarding state autocycle laws.
I never said they did. This debate started when KenK strongly implied that EM's legislative efforts were causing problems for Arcimoto. I replied to his post with my opinion on the matter, and then certain others joined in, misinterpreted the posts, and blew this discussion completely out of its original scope.

MrWhsprs

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The specs are just amazing, the stability created with 2200 lbs below the flooring and 0-60 in 3 something seconds, but does it have to be so damn ugly? ELIO also has a roll cage, probably engineered into the ballpark with the added benefit of side airbags. Does Tango have side airbags, couldn't tell? I assume it would for :eek: $108,000.

Wikipedia lists a $108K price, but the CommuterCars "Buy-Lease_Rent" page seems to indicate that to buy a single T600 is $240K... Also that page seems to indicate the Tango does NOT have airbags with the statement, "Race cars, that crash on a regular basis, also do not have airbags, however, use other means for safety."

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wikipedia lists a $108K price, but the CommuterCars "Buy-Lease_Rent" page seems to indicate that to buy a single T600 is $240K... Also that page seems to indicate the Tango Commuter does NOT have airbags with the statement, "Race cars, that crash on a regular basis, also do not have airbags, however, use other means for safety."
I followed the development of the Tango Commuter EV and back in the day discussion was that production of 10,000 units would bring the Tango cost down to under $20K. Odd styling in the eyes of the average everyday commuter, but I'd buy one in a heartbeat based on performance and safety.........and the styling makes me smile.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Regarding the SRK's styling when making comparisons to other vehicles. What it's not: A Car, Van, Pickup, Bus, Truck, or Autocycle. What it is: A Motorcycle (FUV Fun Utility Vehicle). The affordable everyday electric Funtility factor will appeal to a wide range of market demographics. The 3 wheeler motorcycle styling is what it is...............FUNctional.

Open, Enclosed, & Deliverator options:
IMG_9251.JPG IMG_8363.PNG IMG_9057.JPG

Creative Deliverator wraps:
image1.jpeg

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto just sent me an invite to their manufacturing plant grand opening on the 11th of Nov. They are also receiving their first big equipment purchase, the sheet metal cutting laser. I am about to put them "officially*" ahead of Elio in the race to production.

*my "officially" means nothing...

Top Bottom