• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dont be silly. The SRK is at about 12K. The Elio base is $7450. My Elio with automatic trans ( probably the most common option Elio will sell) and some interior enhancements is at $8645. A 3K difference is to me.... the same price range. However, I believe you are getting a better driving experience for that money with the Elio. The SRK is still a little rough around the edges. That will no doubt change and move forward while the Elio sits an waits. I really think the SRK will be in production before Elio finally does something, anything.
The SRK has refined styling, top notch engineering/component parts, tested/proven performance numbers, quality fit and finish, and has rave reviews by all that drive it. Not rough at all to my eye and more likely the best driving experience.

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The SRK has refined styling, top notch engineering/component parts, tested/proven performance numbers, quality fit and finish, and has rave reviews by all that drive it. Not rough at all to my eye and more likely the best driving experience.

No, It looks good to me to. You have to sit in it and an Elio to get what Im saying. The SRK is a nicely finished auto though more like my bike to me. I just felt like I was in a car in the Elio vs the various Arcimoto's. Im in the Midwest and it has to be enclosed but would be cool if it was removable for summer:D:rolleyes:. Unfortunately for the SRK, the more stuff you pile on, the less miles you get, as with any auto. Its a give and take.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, It looks good to me to. You have to sit in it and an Elio to get what Im saying. The SRK is a nicely finished auto though more like my bike to me. I just felt like I was in a car in the Elio vs the various Arcimoto's. Im in the Midwest and it has to be enclosed but would be cool if it was removable for summer:D:rolleyes:. Unfortunately for the SRK, the more stuff you pile on, the less miles you get, as with any auto. Its a give and take.
Yep, The hardshell enclosure panels are required for my neck of the woods too and I like the fact that they are easily removable/convertible to ride open air on the nicest of days.

The Elio autocycle is more auto than cycle. The SRK motorcycle is more Fun Utlity Vehicle than cycle.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They might want to choose a different acronym than FUV, which can easily morph to effed-up vehicle if there are significant defects and consumer complaints, esp. in the early years.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SRK looks like something fun to play with, not something I would want to commute in every day. It does not look fun at all to drive in the rain, and even less fun to imagine what half of my body would look like in a side collision. I could however see a lot of them being rented for the day in beach towns on nice days.

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The SRK looks like something fun to play with, not something I would want to commute in every day. It does not look fun at all to drive in the rain, and even less fun to imagine what half of my body would look like in a side collision. I could however see a lot of them being rented for the day in beach towns on nice days.

That's kind of the way I felt about it. Yeah, I could tool around town in the SRK. I'd get some saddle bags for grocery's and such but not much more for ME, right now. My commute is waaaay to long for the SRK but I could easily see a HUGE portion of the Elio short commuters adopting the SRK.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KenK, You will have to let us know how that goes on the 11th. Take pictures! Or will they shoot you for that:D. I didn't get an invite to the deal on the 11th, but Im thinking Ill use my Elio money(saved to pay for the Elio) to make a trip to the LA Auto show to see this car. Honestly, If there could be an Elio killer, the SRK would be it although Elio pretty much killed itself. No longer truly innovative, the Elio has been passed by the ever growing numbers of 3 and four wheel EV's trying to come to market. The SRK is in the same price range and meets at least half if not more of the bullet points the Elio intended to meet.
See you in LA, Doug

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks!:p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oddly, the SRK driver stays dry to relatively dry when driving the open SRK in the rain. 100% dry with the optional enclosure panels. The SRK at 1100 lbs. will likely bounce off the 3500 lb. SUV that hits it. You may not survive being T-boned in any 1/2 car, motorcycle, or the Elio Autocycle. One shouldn't assume the safety rating on any of the narrow three wheeler commuters until the crash testing results are in.

The one exception...........the Narrow Tango Commuter Car with it's NASCAR engineered Roll cage.
IMG_9335.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom