• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Savings !!!

A simple to work on and operate vehicle that fits my commuting lifestyle for years to come.

Honestly this car will change a lot for a lot of people of all walks of life.

Even the ones mentioned in the previous posting by me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Savings !!!

A simple to work on and operate vehicle that fits my commuting lifestyle for years to come.

Honestly this car will change a lot for a lot of people of all walks of life.

Even the ones mentioned in the previous posting by me.
The Arcimoto screams savings as well. Technically, the Arcimoto is even simpler to work on (no routine maintenace required) and operate. It will also pay for itself in fuel savings over a 5 year period and fits my lifestyle as an old anti-hipster, Bustello Coffee drinking, carnivore. The Elio meets my needs as well and I happen to like them both.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry that thing screams I'm a Soy Latte Skim Milk drinking Vegetarian eating White Hipster all over it.

Nope...not marketed to me at all. :D
These images and applications of the SRK (Shark) don't scream soy latte, vegetarian, hipster to me.

image.jpg

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those do not you are correct...the intial ones did to me. As a crew chief who lived on the flight line that little thing would more than likely keep me much warmer than the Jeep body diesel truck we tooled around in towing planes and AGE equipment.

Happily eating my words, Sir.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's getting to be a very likable car in it's 8th update. At only half again the cost of an Elio, I think that's not bad for an electric.
With only a 70 mile range it won't fit many commuter needs. The deeper you discharge the shorter those packs break-down. So it's better for City surface streets. There will be other makes for that type of use as time goes on.

I wish the cg was a bit lower on the Acrimoto. However the battery packs help to lower that compared to other ride heights in ICE drive.

But I've always countered, that an electric is much easier to upgrade to new tech than an internal combustion drive. But Ice is only half as easy to upgrade into EV tech as well.

For the look and other issues, I think I'd rather upgrade my Elio when the ev tech is better, than get an Arcimoto now.

And of course as for my Atlantric compared to it, mine will cost at least double, but I can pack twice the battery pack in plus have trunk space as well. Oh yea, I might not be done for at least 5 years or more. At the biggest output, I might make 10 kits each year.

I do hope they get a production going that sustains over time.

Link to the Standford showcase with Acri #6, plus sway motors, ( I test drove that once ) and Lit Motors, Loco Motors etc. -> all "get around town cars"
http://cars.stanford.edu/Affiliates News Stories/CARS_News_20120622-1800.htm

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The old Arcimoto Specs indicated range options of 40, 80, or 120 miles. I believe those specs are said to increase dramatically to include swappable battery pack engineering on the generation 8. That should be more than adequate for the average commuter interested in an EV platform 2 seater commuter.

I will end up purchasing the first one that crosses the finish line to production. They both meet 80% my daily driving needs.

I can only wish for an enclosed cabin tilting three wheeler from Sway Motors.

Top Bottom