• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wished EM's ELIO have something as definitive as this:
Electra Meccanica Solo: One of the coolest cars of 2020

ByFurious Mad
-

Tuesday, 10 December 2019, 05:34 EST

Electra-Meccanica-Solo.jpg

Introduction
Here we are again with the best cool cars for your garage this 2020 new year. Yes, we know your fantasies and give our best efforts to sort them out. And this time, a new name of the industry coming up the list. So, its 2020 Electra Meccanica Solo.

Speed and Performance of 2020 Electra Meccanica Solo.
Talking of the top speed, the 2020 Electra Meccanica Solo gives you the top as 83 MPH or 130 km/hrs. And its engine can draw a 0 to 60 MPH in just 8 seconds.

There is also a rear wheel drive installed on the vehicle. There’s an AC synchronous Electric Motor which gives an output of 82 hp and the drag coefficient for the vehicle is 0.24. the power is given with 17.3 kWh Lithium-Ion battery and torque from the output of the system is 128 ft-lbs.

The curb weight is 1488 lbs. the chassis is a lightweight aerospace composite. The length of the system is 122 inches a width of 52 inches and a height of 53 inches.

There’s also the power-assisted steering and daytime running lights with electric parking brake with all wheel power-assisted disc brakes.

Exterior and Features!!
Electra-Meccanica-Solo-intrior.jpg

Along with these there are LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with remote keyless entry and power windows.

There this ample space of 285 liters of cargo and heating, Defogger and ventilation system with air conditioning. There is the facility of two-speed windshield wipers with an intermittent and carpeted trunk.

The available colors for this model are electric red, raven black and arctic white and Titanium silvers. The battery gives a 100 mile? 160 km range. And it’s a 17.3 kWh lithium-ion. And its 220 and 110 Volt charging type. The battery takes 6 hours by 110 and 3 hours by 220 v. the charger connector is J1772 Universal connector with a five-year warranty.

Thus, we give you another name and brand for your coolest collection for the year 2020. Start now and become the writer of your fantasies.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ElectraMeccanica doesn't really deserve their own thread, nor to take over Arcimoto's thread, but I'll continue the off-topic discussion. When Kroll was heavily involved, nobody in the company seemed to understand that advertising claims and engineering were supposed to have any relationship, much less a closely correlated one. There doesn't seem to be any improvement since JK took a less active role. When the leadership of a company is either dishonest or incompetent, the odds of the product being produced according to the claims are quite slim.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wished EM's ELIO have something as definitive as this:
Electra Meccanica Solo: One of the coolest cars of 2020

ByFurious Mad
-

Tuesday, 10 December 2019, 05:34 EST

Electra-Meccanica-Solo.jpg

Introduction
Here we are again with the best cool cars for your garage this 2020 new year. Yes, we know your fantasies and give our best efforts to sort them out. And this time, a new name of the industry coming up the list. So, its 2020 Electra Meccanica Solo.

Speed and Performance of 2020 Electra Meccanica Solo.
Talking of the top speed, the 2020 Electra Meccanica Solo gives you the top as 83 MPH or 130 km/hrs. And its engine can draw a 0 to 60 MPH in just 8 seconds.

There is also a rear wheel drive installed on the vehicle. There’s an AC synchronous Electric Motor which gives an output of 82 hp and the drag coefficient for the vehicle is 0.24. the power is given with 17.3 kWh Lithium-Ion battery and torque from the output of the system is 128 ft-lbs.

The curb weight is 1488 lbs. the chassis is a lightweight aerospace composite. The length of the system is 122 inches a width of 52 inches and a height of 53 inches.

There’s also the power-assisted steering and daytime running lights with electric parking brake with all wheel power-assisted disc brakes.

Exterior and Features!!
Electra-Meccanica-Solo-intrior.jpg

Along with these there are LCD Digital Instrument Cluster with remote keyless entry and power windows.

There this ample space of 285 liters of cargo and heating, Defogger and ventilation system with air conditioning. There is the facility of two-speed windshield wipers with an intermittent and carpeted trunk.

The available colors for this model are electric red, raven black and arctic white and Titanium silvers. The battery gives a 100 mile? 160 km range. And it’s a 17.3 kWh lithium-ion. And its 220 and 110 Volt charging type. The battery takes 6 hours by 110 and 3 hours by 220 v. the charger connector is J1772 Universal connector with a five-year warranty.

Thus, we give you another name and brand for your coolest collection for the year 2020. Start now and become the writer of your fantasies.
Not mentioned is EMV added 112mm of length on production SOLO 3 and it's Li-Ion batteries was upgraded to liquid-cooled. So, there's definitely a big change for the better with the new CEO.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I delayed my scheduled week of December 2 FUV delivery. Rescheduled for sometime in January 2020. Have a Happy Holidays and see you same time next year, although I may post my FUV photo on the Arcimoto Thread upon taking delivery.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I delayed my scheduled week of December 2 FUV delivery. Rescheduled for sometime in January 2020. Have a Happy Holidays and see you same time next year, although I may post my FUV photo on the Arcimoto Thread upon taking delivery:

View attachment 23798
HAPPY HOLIDAYS RICKB! It's good to know you finally got a confirmed delivery schedule of Dec. 2.....hey but what the heck, now you get to decide WHEN YOU WANT IT! I say take your time man but do share your pics and adventures of the FUV next year. It would have been perfect as a SANTA'S SLEIGH packed with gifts at the back as you distribute them to your family and friends! ;):whoo:

CharonPDX

Reaction score
To be real clear, the order people signed up, and the order that Evergreen models may be delivered have a very loose relationship. Are you still involved with fuvowners.com? No deliveries have been reported there. Not to say that all buyers are on the forum, but there is still zero independent corroboration of deliveries or performance specifications. At least, none that I am aware of.

I received my Arcimoto FUV "Evergreen Edition" in early October. I got vehicle #11 off the assembly line. I've been driving it for over two months now, and love it.

As to the loose relationship between order numbers and delivery dates - yeah, there are a few factors at play. First was the initial "place your preorder refundable deposit of $100" going back to 2011 (when I placed mine.) They took that list, and offered the chance to purchase the "Evergreen Edition" to people in Oregon, Washington, and California and to fleet/rental preorders. So if deposit #2 was in New York, they weren't offered the chance to purchase. Much like Tesla, they're offering their expensive trim line model first - $20,000. The base-model $12,000 version will be coming once production ramps up. So if deposit #7, even if they're on the West Coast, wanted to wait for the cheaper model, they're skipped. Then even among the "paid the nonrefundable $5000 down payment on the Evergreen" they started earlier this year, there is a little jockeying around in position, largely based on delivery logistics. For example, the reseller in New Zealand had three preorders/Evergreen deposits that really shouldn't have been shipped together, but Arcimoto lumped them one after the other for simplicity. When they knew they were going to ship a few to California, they rearranged the order of shipping for ease. But of the people who have taken delivery, they're *mostly* in the expected order. The other confusing thing is that people were told which Evergreen deposit they were based on when they paid their Evergreen deposit (first person to down pay the $5000 got "Evergreen #1", second got "Evergreen #2", etc,) but the actual Evergreen *DELIVERY* order is based on original preorder number. "Evergreen Deposit" number is not the same as "Evergreen delivery slot" number. Which makes sense - just because original-depositor number 3826 happened to pay their Evergreen down payment a few minutes before original-depositor number 23 doesn't mean they should get their vehicle before number 23. As long as you paid your Evergreen down payment by the "first shipment batch deadline" you got your vehicle in "original deposit" order, roughly speaking.

I was "overall preorder" #20, Evergreen slot #4, but I ended up getting VIN #11. (Note also that they had a much more expensive "paid beta" called "Signature Series" they delivered in 2017-2018. Those vehicles (~6?) were all recalled and replaced at the beginning of the Evergreen production. So those all got VINs before they started shipping a single "Evergreen deposit" order, hence why the discrepancy between my Evergreen deposit and the VIN.)

The range is very close to what they specify - note that while they were advertising "about 100 miles" for a long time, they did specify that was "city" range, and have added lines to the specs showing 65 miles at 55 MPH, and 35 miles at 70 MPH. Those both "feel" about right. It is definitely not a long-range highway commuter. But it is GREAT as an around-town vehicle - and I have gone ~70 miles in a day with a mix of city and freeway driving. (My normal commute is ~12 miles each way by "mix or urban and rural back roads" - highest speed limit is 45 MPH on my route. I could drive on the freeway (I do sometimes,) but even when not on the Arcimoto, I usually take the back roads just because they're a more reliable length time commute - reliably 25-30 minutes as opposed to "somewhere between 15 and 45 minutes" the freeway takes.)

0-60 is a bit slower than they advertise, but they have said that they're still tweaking the throttle response - it is slower than it should be 0-10, but very sprightly above that, with the ~20-60 speed quite quick. I'd say it's about 10 seconds 0-60 now, but if they tweak the power curve to apply the same power available at higher speeds to the lower speeds, I can easily see their claimed 7.5 seconds. Zero problems passing people.

It handles the rain with the current half-doors just fine, with one minor exception: while the rain stays off you when moving, when stopped the rain does drip on to my arms, and any cross-breeze while stopped causes it to fall on to my legs. Solved with a waterproof lap blanket. And the full doors with windows are expected to be ready sometime in the next couple months.

Here are a couple pictures I have taken of mine, including my janky awning to protect it somewhat from the rain when parked at home (I have no garage)

Attachments

• IMG_5949.jpeg
    IMG_5949.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Cascadia - Arcimoto FUV.jpeg
    Cascadia - Arcimoto FUV.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I received my Arcimoto FUV "Evergreen Edition" in early October. I got vehicle #11 off the assembly line. I've been driving it for over two months now, and love it.

As to the loose relationship between order numbers and delivery dates - yeah, there are a few factors at play. First was the initial "place your preorder refundable deposit of $100" going back to 2011 (when I placed mine.) They took that list, and offered the chance to purchase the "Evergreen Edition" to people in Oregon, Washington, and California and to fleet/rental preorders. So if deposit #2 was in New York, they weren't offered the chance to purchase. Much like Tesla, they're offering their expensive trim line model first - $20,000. The base-model $12,000 version will be coming once production ramps up. So if deposit #7, even if they're on the West Coast, wanted to wait for the cheaper model, they're skipped. Then even among the "paid the nonrefundable $5000 down payment on the Evergreen" they started earlier this year, there is a little jockeying around in position, largely based on delivery logistics. For example, the reseller in New Zealand had three preorders/Evergreen deposits that really shouldn't have been shipped together, but Arcimoto lumped them one after the other for simplicity. When they knew they were going to ship a few to California, they rearranged the order of shipping for ease. But of the people who have taken delivery, they're *mostly* in the expected order. The other confusing thing is that people were told which Evergreen deposit they were based on when they paid their Evergreen deposit (first person to down pay the $5000 got "Evergreen #1", second got "Evergreen #2", etc,) but the actual Evergreen *DELIVERY* order is based on original preorder number. "Evergreen Deposit" number is not the same as "Evergreen delivery slot" number. Which makes sense - just because original-depositor number 3826 happened to pay their Evergreen down payment a few minutes before original-depositor number 23 doesn't mean they should get their vehicle before number 23. As long as you paid your Evergreen down payment by the "first shipment batch deadline" you got your vehicle in "original deposit" order, roughly speaking.

I was "overall preorder" #20, Evergreen slot #4, but I ended up getting VIN #11. (Note also that they had a much more expensive "paid beta" called "Signature Series" they delivered in 2017-2018. Those vehicles (~6?) were all recalled and replaced at the beginning of the Evergreen production. So those all got VINs before they started shipping a single "Evergreen deposit" order, hence why the discrepancy between my Evergreen deposit and the VIN.)

The range is very close to what they specify - note that while they were advertising "about 100 miles" for a long time, they did specify that was "city" range, and have added lines to the specs showing 65 miles at 55 MPH, and 35 miles at 70 MPH. Those both "feel" about right. It is definitely not a long-range highway commuter. But it is GREAT as an around-town vehicle - and I have gone ~70 miles in a day with a mix of city and freeway driving. (My normal commute is ~12 miles each way by "mix or urban and rural back roads" - highest speed limit is 45 MPH on my route. I could drive on the freeway (I do sometimes,) but even when not on the Arcimoto, I usually take the back roads just because they're a more reliable length time commute - reliably 25-30 minutes as opposed to "somewhere between 15 and 45 minutes" the freeway takes.)

0-60 is a bit slower than they advertise, but they have said that they're still tweaking the throttle response - it is slower than it should be 0-10, but very sprightly above that, with the ~20-60 speed quite quick. I'd say it's about 10 seconds 0-60 now, but if they tweak the power curve to apply the same power available at higher speeds to the lower speeds, I can easily see their claimed 7.5 seconds. Zero problems passing people.

It handles the rain with the current half-doors just fine, with one minor exception: while the rain stays off you when moving, when stopped the rain does drip on to my arms, and any cross-breeze while stopped causes it to fall on to my legs. Solved with a waterproof lap blanket. And the full doors with windows are expected to be ready sometime in the next couple months.

Here are a couple pictures I have taken of mine, including my janky awning to protect it somewhat from the rain when parked at home (I have no garage)
Thanks for the report

Top Bottom