• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm almost happy. Any other instrument cluster I've ever seen would be preferable. Give me that and a Bluetooth interface in the base radio and I'd be ecstatic.

It has been mentioned from conversations with the reps at the shows that they are planning on bluetooth being included with the non-upgraded radio. I hope this happens too. I plan on upgrading the front speakers and going with the sub that also adds the rears, but do not plan on picking the weird docking station radio upgrade. I had planned on putting an aftermarket head unit in mainly for streaming music over bluetooth and calls, but if the stock head unit can do it I will be extremely pleased.

DikiJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you plan on shifting with your left hand then?

LEFT HAND SHIFTING WORKS GREAT FOR THE ISETTA BUT THIS IS MORE FOR
ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES THAN SOMETHING I WANT IN A DAILY DRIVER .
1958bmwisetta15.jpg
I had an Isetta and loved it. Left hand shifting was not a problem. It seemed perfectly normal in that car and did not cause any problem.

XanWolf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Of the design points that I have been told of, I am either happy or content with one that is "feared to be troublesome". Because of my aged nearsightedness, in the absence of bifocals, I have the choice of really good near or far vision. For driving, I choose far. This means that if I have to gauge anything on the dash by reading it, I am probably going to be in trouble. I do not need to know at a glace which idiot light is on.... if ANY are on, time to get off the road and shift focus to the problem. The gas gauge might need to be read in-travel if I make any long trips; but that is not my plan. The only one that I fear is the speed indication... however, I am willing to wait and see.

One option that I would not mind is something in the roof to make it at least semi convertible. I do not know if it could be a full ragtop; but my interest is more in the power-down hardtops. To reduce the complexity, I do not mind it being manual. But I would like it to be far enough back to give the passenger a nice convertible effect....

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[...]The turn radius is reported to be around 19 feet. That's awfully wide for a vehicle this size.
Beats the pants off the 22 ft turn radius (44 ft circle) of my Ram 2500 pickup! I can get that into tight parking spaces no problem. Just have to plan ahead. :D

For getting into your driveway, just approach at-speed and give the handbrake a quick yank as you brake for the driveway. The rear end will swing right around and line right up. Drifting is an important car-control skill. ;)

NorCalPhil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
One option that I would not mind is something in the roof to make it at least semi convertible. I do not know if it could be a full ragtop; but my interest is more in the power-down hardtops. To reduce the complexity, I do not mind it being manual. But I would like it to be far enough back to give the passenger a nice convertible effect....

I wonder what driving with both windows down will be like since they are close together. Partial convertible effect, maybe some crosswinds, perhaps an odd buffer given the shape of the rear seat area. Maybe the best thing ever.

Top Bottom