• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Guys All Kidding?

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Calling supports losers isn't very nice. Its just as normal for them/us to have faith then it is for you to have lost yours.

If you look at a USA factory video on YouTube and see the equipment and resources needed to do this operation and the lack luster USA work attitude, it does sum up how much money and work is involved in such a huge factory/operation and why most stuff is made elsewhere.

But, perhaps Paul will win (admitting odds are against) and show us that his idea will indeed still work in 20XX. I hope so.

The grandiose, expensive large factory and initial volume targets is the problem and should have been the plans if initial production was done somewhat like Arcimoto with perhaps 10K units for the first year would have proven the Elio and put them on the map. Instead, nothing but debt.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I know who the real losers are. Those who come here trying to make other people upset. I guess people like you have nothing better to do in your life than to dishearten those who enjoy a good life's journey.
Very well said GC, very well said.

And very true, he's disappointed because he has to wait (just like all of the rest of us) and he wanted it NOW!

Sucks being just a regular person doesn't it rquercio

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The grandiose, expensive large factory and initial volume targets is the problem and should have been the plans if initial production was done somewhat like Arcimoto with perhaps 10K units for the first year would have proven the Elio and put them on the map. Instead, nothing but debt.

Actually, the problem is the price point. Everything you've mentioned is the reason why the factory and volume targets were necessary.

The Arcimoto is almost 2x the cost, and not exactly an all weather vehicle at the base price point. That's not meant to be a negative against the SRK, simply a point of fact.

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Actually, the problem is the price point. Everything you've mentioned is the reason why the factory and volume targets were necessary.

The Arcimoto is almost 2x the cost, and not exactly an all weather vehicle at the base price point. That's not meant to be a negative against the SRK, simply a point of fact.
Your are correct. My point is Paul's price point is not practical, at least initially, and is not obtainable based on the requirements for such volumes. I will have gladly paid $10K+ for an Elio. As it stands, no one will get one.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your are correct. My point is Paul's price point is not practical, at least initially, and is not obtainable based on the requirements for such volumes. I will have gladly paid $10K+ for an Elio. As it stands, no one will get one.
What is your business experience that says the price needs to be higher?

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What is your business experience that says the price needs to be higher?
A higher price allows for a more expensive manufacturing process and parts (less discounts) so some Elio at least get on the road. If Arcimoto can sell its little EV starting at about $12K without options, I would think an Elio could get $12K also.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A higher price allows for a more expensive manufacturing process and parts (less discounts) so some Elio at least get on the road. If Arcimoto can sell its little EV starting at about $12K without options, I would think an Elio could get $12K also.
At a base price of $12K I think I would be looking at some other cars. What was a good deal would become not so much.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservations can be offset by putting them against other potential contenders if they offer the deal. Solo is on car #34 right now, so there is progress going on elsewhere. I will sit and wait, but there is no need to rant about other peoples character when the problem is with the company. Someday, maybe, Elio will come through, if not I will apply that money elsewhere. It is still offered to whoever gets production rolling first. BTW, whatever happen to Ampere? No news there is a long time.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservations can be offset by putting them against other potential contenders if they offer the deal. Solo is on car #34 right now, so there is progress going on elsewhere. I will sit and wait, but there is no need to rant about other peoples character when the problem is with the company. Someday, maybe, Elio will come through, if not I will apply that money elsewhere. It is still offered to whoever gets production rolling first. BTW, whatever happen to Ampere? No news there is a long time.

As I have no interest in an all electric car due to their short range, I haven't kept up with what's out there. Your mention of the Ampere sparked my curiosity so I looked it up. Like the Sling Shot this is not a practical car but a toy. I would imagine it would sell if it costs under 10K as I read. I still can't believe people pay 20K for a Sling Shot. Just goes to show some people have money to throw away.

On the other hand, I shouldn't be to critical. I shutter to think how much I've spent on stereo gear over the years... such as a pair of amps that cost more than any car I've ever had. :loco:

Top Bottom