• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Guys All Kidding?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Tesla shares have dropped $100 a share in value in just a few months, the people that invested have finally woke up and realized that Tesla is not the Be All End All of electric cars, the party is over for Tesla, and the ones that are in the market for the money have finally woken up, and are bailing out of the Tesla band wagon. Plus the "cheap" Tesla isn't happening fast enough for the "masses" that bought into it. There are a lot of reservations that bailed out of the waiting line, because the promised "$35K Tesla" is quickly becoming foo-foo dust that they've had blown up their skirts.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservations can be offset by putting them against other potential contenders if they offer the deal. Solo is on car #34 right now, so there is progress going on elsewhere. I will sit and wait, but there is no need to rant about other peoples character when the problem is with the company. Someday, maybe, Elio will come through, if not I will apply that money elsewhere. It is still offered to whoever gets production rolling first. BTW, whatever happen to Ampere? No news there is a long time.
You asked. Ampere Motor is already in production. This picture of Tony Chan is from May 23, 2018...

ampere_chassis.jpg

Here's one of the Ampere base model open roadster prototypes parked on Santa Monica Boulevard...

ampere_la3.jpg

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I do understand what you are saying and I understand Elio's desired customer base an "and car" concept and pricing model which I applaud and have followed, myself intensely since early 2016. My point is, (as with Tesla filling and selling the high optioned Model 3 orders first to make a profit before delivering the plain ~ $35K cars to the masses), there is an Elio audience that would pay more for the Elio $7.5K auto-cycle giving Elio some alternatives at first with manufacturing and initial delivery. I would think they then would have done their "real proof of concept" with cars on the rood at even a higher and then move into mass production and selling to the masses with their pricing model and appeal. Don't get me wring, I hope they make it and do so soon but it is not looking good. Even the USA went to the moon first before thinking about Mars. The sad part is they are close but have not even finished all engineering and testing which would attract investors. Completing the Elio (I mean COMPLETE) should have been a priority with how they spent gobs of money.
For the record, Tesla has yet to turn a "profit" :)

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Here I thought Jalopnik wasn't considered a reliable source...I guess their Elio coverage hasn't dissuaded everyone?

Again, Tesla is one of the most shorted stock in the world, and there is a concerted effort to manipulate the stock. Vehicle companies are capital intensive, so are "auto-cycle" companies it would appear.

Anyone betting against Tesla is going to lose money:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/06/shorts-against-teslas-stock-lose-more-than-1-billion.html

https://electrek.co/2018/06/13/tesla-tsla-shorts-billio-losses-elon-musk-next-level-burn/

You'd think Elio supporters, of all people, would understand that media coverage doesn't necessarily reflect reality...

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here I thought Jalopnik wasn't considered a reliable source...I guess their Elio coverage hasn't dissuaded everyone?

Again, Tesla is one of the most shorted stock in the world, and there is a concerted effort to manipulate the stock. Vehicle companies are capital intensive, so are "auto-cycle" companies it would appear.

Anyone betting against Tesla is going to lose money:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/06/shorts-against-teslas-stock-lose-more-than-1-billion.html

https://electrek.co/2018/06/13/tesla-tsla-shorts-billio-losses-elon-musk-next-level-burn/

You'd think Elio supporters, of all people, would understand that media coverage doesn't necessarily reflect reality...
The difference is, Tesla is in production, Elio is not.

Top Bottom