• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Tracking Your Mileage?

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just recently started tracking my mileage in my Chevy Cobalt so I'll have something to compare with when I get my Elio. Just keeping a small notebook in the console and at every fill up I jot down the date, odometer, gallons I just put in and the cost per gallon.

Anyone else doing the same so we can compare pre and post Elio?

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've done this on a regular basis since about 1958. I don't track cost, just mileage.
Since most modern cars have "average mileage" readout, I no longer check it every time. I check about every 4th tank to compare the computer to real life. For example, my Infiniti readout consistently shows 26.5 mpg (reset @ fill-up) whereas actual numbers reflect closer to 27.8.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just recently started tracking my mileage in my Chevy Cobalt so I'll have something to compare with when I get my Elio. Just keeping a small notebook in the console and at every fill up I jot down the date, odometer, gallons I just put in and the cost per gallon.

Anyone else doing the same so we can compare pre and post Elio?
I've been doing that for 25 years. It stems from getting mileage reimbursement on the road as an independent contractor. That's how I know I'm actually getting the advertised mileage on my Prius C hybrid.

I may be one of the few who will lose mileage in the city with the Elio. But the benefit of limiting mileage on the Prius C for those rare times I need passenger space will still make it worth it.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to do it regularly but fell out of the habit. The prospect of boosting my mileage with the Elio made me want to start again so I'll have a year worth of data to crunch once I'm rolling on three wheels.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My fuel gauge is toast. I use my trip meter. 350 miles is close enough to figure out its time to fill up.

Now that I am delivering pizza again after breaking my hand in February I am trying to use cash only to gas up my car, then top off with the debit card.

Not completely filling up each time makes estimating mileage harder even though I carry a can in the trunk.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I let my Ford fiesta do the work anything above 40 mpg is good .The driver needs to reprogram his /her driving habits to obtain max fuel mileage .I've found drafting behind a greyhound bus really adds a huge amount to mpg reading .Before getting excited it's not like NASCAR drafting as you don't need to get that close to the bus to pick up a draft . (my best was 69mpg)

Top Bottom