• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As Posted On Elio Motors Owners Association Page

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Joe Ballif with Brian Carver at South Park Mall
14 hrs
Went to see the Elio today in Charlotte with a friend from work. We had a great time talking to Austin, Pat and Jerome. Great people!
I heard a few new things (obviously everything is subject to change and nothing is firm or it would have been officially announced):
1) The $6,800 price tag is for a black car. The other colors may be an extra cost option.
2) The accent panels inside the doors will be extra cost options.
3) Seat fabric options will be black with some threads of the standard external colors.
4) The engine continues to be tested on the dynometer and the testing will take as long as it takes. If there are problems, they might have to do some small design changes to fix those problems and retest. None are anticipated, but it is hard to predict how long this process will take. ...but so far so good.
5) The head space in the backseat will be 4" higher than in the P4. It's a good thing because my head hit the ceiling in the back. I'm 5' 10".
6) The wheels may be 15" instead of 14"
7) When some celebrity in NYC drove the P4 he/she ran over a pot hole and destroyed the muffler. The exhaust pipe was repaired and muffler was left off.
8) The only thing that will be under the hood that is the same as in my picture is the radiator fan.

Numbers 1 and 5 are what caught my attention.

Why not yellow if it could be an extra, extra cost option?
Funniest post of the day! lol

Last edited:

ElioDigger

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can rap it or get it painted. My fear would be; the color paint would not be as durable as it should.

They might be going the same way as the smart. I can pick up any color I want and change out the panels. the plastic comes in red and black clear coated. all other colors are painted.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's still a great price for a BASE model.
I think most folks have forgotten what a true base model is; we've come to expect a lot of extras that are actually in the original price that when we do get back to a true base model we whine.
Black is fine with me; but I will make the decision when the time comes for the options I want.
Cost will be a factor but it will not stop me from getting a good base to build on.
I did custom cars for years, I may decide I don't like some of the factory options and make my own.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's still a great price for a BASE model.
I think most folks have forgotten what a true base model is; we've come to expect a lot of extras that are actually in the original price that when we do get back to a true base model we whine.
Black is fine with me; but I will make the decision when the time comes for the options I want.
Cost will be a factor but it will not stop me from getting a good base to build on.
I did custom cars for years, I may decide I don't like some of the factory options and make my own.

Thank you! Exactly my thoughts. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not going for black!
I am disappointed that the news of charging for colors is the first I've heard that.
I hope, in the promise to keep the unit @6800, there are no more "cost savings" that'll start appearing as options, and charging extra for what should be basics and for sure their price point will be made. the PR that unlike car dealers who sell "Packages", EM will be offering items individually, seems suspect.IMO pushing the envelope of trust while always showing all the car colors, and now........... and after all is said, I do want,(as yet to be determined) color, and will, if have to, pay for it.
For me, to be truthful, it's gonna be a "toy", and figuring 10-12k otd, but for folks for whom the primary concern is inexpensive reliable transportation, every extra could/would hurt, -no problem now if they like black!!
Why do we get all excited about a list in post that starts with "I heard a few things, but nothing official"? It's not news........so no reason for disappointment.

Top Bottom