• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As Posted On Elio Motors Owners Association Page

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A quick response from Elio on Facebook:
image.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I painted a car, but the cost of paint can vary wildly with color. The last time I looked you could pay 4X as much for some metallic reds than a non-metallic black of the same chemistry.

I'm not saying the rumor is true or isn't, just that the reason is legitimate.

You are absolutely correct that prices do vary by color and this is actually the reason we have been given for yellow not being included as a standard color. I have to ask again today however I believe EM simply has a paint cost budget in their price goal and is selecting colors which they like but also fit within the budget. This is apparently the standard automotive industry way of doing it and actually means that what everyone is paying for is the most expensive standard color and if you choose a less expensive color they make a little bit more money.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Partially unrelated, but maybe not, I have had a wrap company tell me they dont wrap plastic panels when I was looking into this for my van, something about it not being removable without damage, and my van has all plastic panels above the beltline. Not sure how this would affect the Elios, if at all. Has anyone had a wrap company say they would do it, knowing its all plastic? Any issues?

Top Bottom