• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Assist Elio Build Team?

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, for three reasons let's NOT suggest any more lights be addaed to the vehicle.
1 no more delays, just build it. figure out the details for production and get it rolling.
2 low parts count means lower cost. Let's get it at the target price. YOU may be willing to spend a little extra for this or that, but by the time you add everyone's this and a few that's I won't be able to afford it.
3 I plan to add exactly what I want for lights, and I'd like my canvas to have space left for my own expression of how it 'should' be done.

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
In regard to all the lights, when I saw the Elio first hand, it's just like they said...it's the size of half a car (Camry) so all the worries of not being seen, I'm not sure I understand what all the panic is about?
It's not the size of a motorcycle, it's not the size of a car either, but let us not forget, you are on a road, with other drivers, and you are a driver too, so you are responsible to drive accordingly. All the lights all over the car won't help if YOU drive like a fool!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 'extra lights' are for the 'Other Fools' on the road at night...... that see your Elio's lights..... and don't realize that the actual vehicle EXTENDS out an additional foot and a half OUTSIDE the lights..... on both sides!

YUP. It's the people in the cars & Suv's that are so quiet and comfortable, they forget that they are sharing the road. I've been forced onto the shoulder or into the next lane many times. Maybe a few lights will be added, but a BIG HORN will be the first thing added.

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
YUP. It's the people in the cars & Suv's that are so quiet and comfortable, they forget that they are sharing the road. I've been forced onto the shoulder or into the next lane many times. Maybe a few lights will be added, but a BIG HORN will be the first thing added.
I appreciate how you feel with regard to having more safety signals on your vehicle, and I encourage you to put all the lights and horns and bells, whistles, xylophones, or whatever you want on yours. I'll even try to help with technical issues, but I'm OK with mine NOT having all that, unless I decide to put it on. I don't even know how I'm gonna customize mine yet 'cause I have to actually see it before I can decide what'll look good. Right now they can release it WITHOUT lights for all I care, just BUILD IT!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honking is a good attention getter, but does the Elio even have a horn at $6800 or is that an option. Do motorcycles typically have horns? I have only experienced a MC rider flip me the bird a couple times but no honking. Would a horn be considered when making the statement......my Elio has all the bells & whistles? The Elio Option for the Day.......The Creamsicle Horn Cluster:

image.jpg

Technically the fender horn option could have built in lights.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honking is a good attention getter, but does the Elio even have a horn at $6800 or is that an option. Do motorcycles typically have horns? I have only experienced a MC rider flip me the bird a couple times but no honking. Would a horn be considered when making the statement......my Elio has all the bells & whistles? The Elio Option for the Day.......The Creamsicle Horn Cluster:

View attachment 1679
Technically the fender horn option could have built in lights.
I have an airZound on mine.

Top Bottom