• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Assist Elio Build Team?

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My curiosity is, will the head lamps be on at all times the engine is running? Being in the category of Auto Cycle. Motorcycles were required for a safety factor years back.
advance Thank you if you know how the Elio headlamps will be activated
Terrence

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
My curiosity is, will the head lamps be on at all times the engine is running? Being in the category of Auto Cycle. Motorcycles were required for a safety factor years back.
advance Thank you if you know how the Elio headlamps will be activated
Terrence

The simple answer is yes.

The more detailed answer is that because the Elio has fewer than four wheels the NHTSA categorizes it as a motorcycle so it must meet all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards applicable to motorcycles which include full time headlights.

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Turn signals in the mirrors were, to my mind, the most ridiculous and useless feature ever invented for enhancing the per-unit profit on a car. That is, until I saw my first one as the driver of the vehicle suddenly decided he preferred MY lane to his. It probably saved us an expensive wreck as I was able to throw out the anchor soon enough that the moron missed me. Yeah, they work!

I'm holding out for LED's on the front fenders, linked to the turn signals.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone suggested turn signals on the door mirrors? If anyone already made this suggestion, I stand (sit) corrected...

Effective:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpY2pkGx1c6hf9ZbOdYES66DYFlge26Qhzr4RLbZHrYfLDAuNM.jpg

Top Bottom