• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Assist Elio Build Team?

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can see the reasoning behind fender lights. Running lights with turn signal capability would be best.
I am sure the aftermarket will come up with something we can mount to the fender and drill a small hole for the wire.
Probably best for it to be an aftermarket device so as not to slow down projected production dates any more.
MK

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This vehicle has a very different profile than just about anything else on the road. As a motorcycle rider my experience tells me that being different means people are not expecting you so they will do all kinds of dumb stuff around you. Any motorcycle rider will tell you that it does not matter if it is a dark night or a bright sunny day as either way people will still do stupid things like pull out right in front of you or attempt to fit their car into your lane. In my opinion adding some extra lighting on the fenders is a fairly inexpensive way to attempt to draw attention to the fact that this vehicle is different which should help keep us safe.
Exactly....that's why I have a "pulsating" headlight and an extra rear spoiler with brake light :p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can always ADD this Can-Am OPTION:
I like the Can-Am option.........but may prefer a more retro fender light since I am doing Indian Fenders, fat whitewalls, and Baby Moon Hubcaps.
image.jpg image.jpg

Durk Jenkins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My thought is the turn signals should be on the top of the fenders. When headlights and turn signals are in the same enclosure it is hard to see when a turn signal is on. So some dual functioning led visible from front and rear like a stop light bulb is bright then dim and on all the time.
I know we can do this our self and it would increase build cost but for me safety first. Close the barn door before the horse gets out. Look at GM now with the ignition switch recalls.Less money to do it right the first time.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, Z you do have a way with words.:)

Sad part is I know you are right on as just last month, on my way home from my vacation, I was riding in the passenger seat of an RV when a lady, distracted by chatting on her phone, actually attempted to change lanes right into the side of the 12 foot tall RV. Luckily she only ended side swiping us and trading some paint but it is amazing that she could be distracted enough not to notice she was driving into the side of an object that size.

Two words:

Tunnel vision.

See: human beings.

Top Bottom