• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Assist Elio Build Team?

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see here you like history as do I . Thanks for the heads up. What the heck is a Landaulets? LOL
Ah, history. We do seem so destined to forget it. Let's hope with our improved digital access that the new generation does better. A few points strike me:
Have others seen additional similarities to Elio's possible place in history to Ford's? Specifically, a vehicle with only a driver's door (Model T) that would be affordable by the common man?

We oftentimes view our own generations as being wildly inventive, even chuckling at the seeming provincial views of our predecessors for not seeing the wisdom of these ideas sooner. We've seen pony cars and minivans created, but missed the earlier iterations of electric cars and 3 wheeled vehicles. In a reversal of modern times, in the earliest days of automobiling it was easier to find a service station that could recharge your electric powered vehicle than one selling gasoline. I draw everyone's attention to the website www.3wheelers.com for the history of three wheeled vehicles, going all the way back to Leonardo da Vinci's plans in 1478. Every Elioowner member should peruse.

In my lifetime I've seen the previous carriage designs of the hardtop disappear, and the convertible nearly so, along with the landaulet. The landau and town car were reduced to mere cosmetic models. Would the terms coupe and sedan mean anything to a younger driver, or do we simply refer to the 2-door or 4-door models?

And to eddie66, the originator of this discussion, a small correction. The original plea was not to KILL the messenger. It goes back to ancient civilization predating guns and gunpowder.

And, finally, to all fellow Elio enthusiasts, PLAY ON!

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if the build team read anything on this site, but they should. I think there should be another tab for input to Elio motors as to any ideas we may have. I was thinking that the fenders and front wheels may be a problem seeing them at night. So why not have on top of the fenders dual eagle eye type Led's? They would be dim when the headlights are on but go bright when turn signals are on. Amber looking forward and red looking to the rear. Also with the turn signals as part of the headlight assembly they will be hard to see when headlights are on due to the close proximity to the headlight. Maybe a cob type Led strip on the fenders? Just a thought.
An excellent idea. I have the same concern about bad or distracted drivers clipping the outer wheel and fender at night, or even in daytime.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An excellent idea. I have the same concern about bad or distracted drivers clipping the outer wheel and fender at night, or even in daytime.
You can always ADD this Can-Am OPTION:

Attachments

• 0-FenderLights.jpg
    0-FenderLights.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 420

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, history. We do seem so destined to forget it. Let's hope with our improved digital access that the new generation does better. A few points strike me:
Have others seen additional similarities to Elio's possible place in history to Ford's? Specifically, a vehicle with only a driver's door (Model T) that would be affordable by the common man?

We oftentimes view our own generations as being wildly inventive, even chuckling at the seeming provincial views of our predecessors for not seeing the wisdom of these ideas sooner. We've seen pony cars and minivans created, but missed the earlier iterations of electric cars and 3 wheeled vehicles. In a reversal of modern times, in the earliest days of automobiling it was easier to find a service station that could recharge your electric powered vehicle than one selling gasoline. I draw everyone's attention to the website www.3wheelers.com for the history of three wheeled vehicles, going all the way back to Leonardo da Vinci's plans in 1478. Every Elioowner member should peruse.

In my lifetime I've seen the previous carriage designs of the hardtop disappear, and the convertible nearly so, along with the landaulet. The landau and town car were reduced to mere cosmetic models. Would the terms coupe and sedan mean anything to a younger driver, or do we simply refer to the 2-door or 4-door models?

And to eddie66, the originator of this discussion, a small correction. The original plea was not to KILL the messenger. It goes back to ancient civilization predating guns and gunpowder.

And, finally, to all fellow Elio enthusiasts, PLAY ON!
Welcome to elioowner, HHH. However if you keep waxing philosophically like this we'll have to create a new thread here for you. I, know,,,,,,,,,well name the tread "deep thoughts" by HHH. For those here too young, that was a skit on Saturday Nite Live. And I'm going know that HHH knows I'm kidding here too. Welcome HHH.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to elioowner, HHH. However if you keep waxing philosophically like this we'll have to create a new thread here for you. I, know,,,,,,,,,well name the tread "deep thoughts" by HHH. For those here too young, that was a skit on Saturday Nite Live. And I'm going know that HHH knows I'm kidding here too. Welcome HHH.

Thanks, Folks. As any car buff will tell you, there's always a need for waxing.

Top Bottom