• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Atvm Loan Requirement Changes

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Haven't been around a lot in last year. Does anyone know how the sale of equipment left at Shreveport plant not needed by Elio went. Haven't seen that mentioned in this thread or any articles referenced in this thread or where (if any) that money fits in here. Last I saw was a lot of equipment listed for sale on Ebay (I think). Forgive me for not keeping up.
RMCClubfitter, welcome back! I tried to leave, came back, tried to leave again and came back. :)
I like the Elio concept.

As far as keeping up, after 8 years following EM, I feel I'm in exactly the same place I was 2-3 years ago when I made a reservation deposit. The old GM Hummer Plant Equipment was probably too outdated to be of much value. Robots seem to be the wave of the auto manufacturing future.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... and still no FTRC. It's getting fishy if you'd ask me...
Lots of fishy stuff going on in the wonderful world of innovative transportation options, but knowing Derwin he is taking his time to make the new FTRC bigger and better.
image.jpeg

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is an FTRC?
Fly the Road Club. Fly the Road is the website that VentureOne (Helix Motors' predecessor) established to market the Persu, intended to be the next generation Vandenbrink Carver. So far, only the Carver was ever produced. As far as I can tell, the Persu was a nicely designed, good-looking vaporware.

[edited to correct the name of VentureOne]

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is an FTRC?
FTRC or Fly The Road Club is a Vehicle Forum that was initially founded for the VentureOne, a tilting three wheeler concept vehicle based on the CarverOne's DVC platform. It's resurrecting as the official source for Helix news.

It's 8 years back on that forum I posted the first Hello Elio Test the waters marketing campaign. Not many FTRC members liked the Elio. I did like the Elio 8 years ago......based on price point only and like it now, but in my reality it's no closer to production now than then.

The VentureOne/Persu V3 vaporware, no proof of concept Helix. Thankfully, the Elio is still moving forward at a tortoise pace and the tortoise did win a race.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EKH said it, it's the truth. He isn't known for stretching the truth or making stuff up.
This goes to credibility of the source.

I once was told of how a politician manipulated his position as chairman of the House Banking Committee to demand those seeking charters to hire his "Independent" consulting group to have a realistic shot at obtaining a Charter. The price was 50% + 1 of the stock.

I say this only because it was credible because those who told me this were extremely honest and credible with no political axe to grind.

Perhaps this is why I have such a low opinion of politicians.

Top Bottom