• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Atvm Loan Requirement Changes

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There should be an Elio Media Thread with links to all the various media's accurate Elio related information that is either positive or negative regarding EM to include the Elio test ride and drive reviews. Key word is accurate, Many reviewer articles are opinion based on speculation........not that they are intentionally negative to the Elio.................and/or the other startup concepts like the Solo, or the SRK (Shark).

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There should be an Elio Media Thread with links to all the various media's accurate Elio related information that is either positive or negative regarding EM to include the Elio test ride and drive reviews. Key word is accurate, Many reviewer articles are opinion based on speculation........not that they are intentionally negative to the Elio.................and/or the other startup concepts like the Solo, or the SRK (Shark).
Sounds like a good project for you Rick :D

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That Master Herald article is full of horribly inaccurate information.

No joke, who wrote that??? Looks like a compilation of Facebook rants...

"With the so-called binding commitment, those who have placed pre-order on the E1A and shelled out $7,000 can no longer refund their money regardless whether the vehicle comes out on the market as scheduled later this year or not."

- Wow, if I knew you could go $7,000 All-In that would be something. That is at a 25% bonus discount, right??? LOL And TWO sets of headphones!

"There are also reports saying that Elio Motors is starting to get worried because their autocycle might be classified as a motorcycle for regulatory purposes. When that happens, drivers would not only need a separate motorcycle license to drive it, they would also have to wear helmets in many cities or locales."

- Reports from who? Asshats on Facebook? Credible sources for sure.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No joke, who wrote that??? Looks like a compilation of Facebook rants...

"With the so-called binding commitment, those who have placed pre-order on the E1A and shelled out $7,000 can no longer refund their money regardless whether the vehicle comes out on the market as scheduled later this year or not."

- Wow, if I knew you could go $7,000 All-In that would be something. That is at a 25% bonus discount, right??? LOL And TWO sets of headphones!

"There are also reports saying that Elio Motors is starting to get worried because their autocycle might be classified as a motorcycle for regulatory purposes. When that happens, drivers would not only need a separate motorcycle license to drive it, they would also have to wear helmets in many cities or locales."

- Reports from who? Asshats on Facebook? Credible sources for sure.
Ok that's it!

I can't stands no more!
I'm going there to comment!

Edit: Done. Mine's the only comment that made it onto the page. 1 of 1.

Last edited:

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Summarizing from various sources (please, correct me if I am wrong and fill in other relevant details):
  • Received $58 million worth in down-payments (from 58,000 people)
  • Attracted $25 million through crowdfunding
  • Applied for a $185 million so-called ATVM loan with the DOE, to get production started
  • Accumulated $100 million in debt
  • Pay roll management and other personnel? (among which Paul Elio's salary of $250,000)
Debt: does that mean "in debt" despite all income from non-refundable deposits and the crowd-funding?
Or does crowdfunding imply that all investors get their money back once the project halts for whatever reason?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whew! This is going to take some work.
All I can say voyager is that you've been reading stuff from the wrong people.
I'll start with the first bullet, but I'm going to let others take it from there.
EM receiving $58 million down from the 58,000 reservation holders would mean...
That each and every one of them maxed out at $1K. Not even close.
58,000 various deposit amounts all across the board...
Some refundable and some all-in (non-refundable).
I'm whipped. Someone take on the next bullet point.

Top Bottom