• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Atvm News - 2018 Fed Budget Proposal

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The new company will not have to honor any of the reservations, but I think they will give them something to keep their loyalty and for good PR. I don't think that they will sell the cars for $7000 though, would be too much of a loss.

That is assuming Elio Motors' assets get sold. I was referring to the case where they stay in business but need to make changes to reach production. So not a new company, but the same company with outside funding.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great addition to the discussion airforceguy6 .

I would add it is only a proposed " Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again "
I would also wonder if this means this administration will not give a fair review of Elio's ATVM application.

" Eliminates the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy, the Title 17 Innovative Technology Loan Guarantee Program, and the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing Program because the private sector is better positioned to finance disruptive energy research and development and to commercialize innovative technologies."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/omb/budget/fy2018/2018_blueprint.pdf

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great addition to the discussion airforceguy6 .

I would add it is only a proposed " Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again "
I would also wonder if this means this administration will not give a fair review of Elio's ATVM application.

" Eliminates the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy, the Title 17 Innovative Technology Loan Guarantee Program, and the Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing Program because the private sector is better positioned to finance disruptive energy research and development and to commercialize innovative technologies."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/omb/budget/fy2018/2018_blueprint.pdf
I don't think that there was any serious consideration of Elio to begin with. Their financials were, and still are, a nightmare.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, acquiring sufficient funding to get to the point where they can produce revenue is how start ups become successful (by definition). No start up is ever fully funded at the first conception of the idea except those that are self-funded by the guy who had the idea or has very small capital requirements.

Additionally, the wording in the budget proposal is straight out of the Heritage Foundation report. It's likely that there will be substantial deviations from that and the ATVM loan is as likely as any to be among the items spared from the axe. The program is at worst budget neutral so it won't show up in budget savings numbers and there are a couple of congresscritters who will have an interest in keeping it around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom