• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Automotive Startups Face Long Odds

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I do not get is why some billionaire has not seen ElioMotors as a 1/2 billion worthwhile endeavor yet. I crunched the numbers simply, and... Chances are it would not be a loss...Would be a hero to many...Something new and different for the masses.
Many reasons for someone who could do it to want to.

We have known for 9 years of the potential. The Roush evolved E1-C
is as near production ready as I've seen to-date.
[https://www.eliomotors.com/elio-motors-adds-roush-as-lead-engineering-partner-elio-momentum-v44/]
Joel is now working with a big-boy DC lobbying Firm to get the ATVM & the IPO is forthcoming? So there
looks to be much to argue that the Elio isn't dead yet. Cafe-Credits are still a possibility. The DOE hasn't
been under much pressure to do anything for anyone, given the low gas price, hence the slow progress
of the lobbying effort. There are alternative suitors waiting in the wings to take advantage of all of Elio's
efforts so far, if Paul throws in the towel. He & Stu haven't come this far to go quietly. So we'll need to
hang in a little longer & keep the faith. Beats the alternative.....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I do not get is why some billionaire has not seen ElioMotors as a 1/2 billion worthwhile endeavor yet. I crunched the numbers simply, and... Chances are it would not be a loss...Would be a hero to many...Something new and different for the masses.
The reason is why billionaires are billionaires.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
a $500,000,000 investment when the company makes a $1,000 per Elio would take 2 years of production to break even.
That is what I'm saying. What's a few years to recoup your investment when you feel good about it ?
Most folks pay take 30yrs to pay a mortgage, the average American's big investment.
Too many reasons to list why ElioMotors would be a feel good investment.
Where is Elio's best friend?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is what I'm saying. What's a few years to recoup your investment when you feel good about it ?
Most folks pay take 30yrs to pay a mortgage, the average American's big investment.
Too many reasons to list why ElioMotors would be a feel good investment.
Where is Elio's best friend?
Count me in as Elio's best friend Booboo! That's why I've been playing the POWERball lotto so when I win, I can fund the production of our ELIO. You should do the same.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Honestly Booboo, had they smelled MONEY (the billionaires) on the ELIO project, they would've poured their weight, connections and funding long time ago! With nothing to show for it but prototypes, EM is basically still selling an idea of "things to come" which is a hard sell when there's nothing to test it's claim. Having said that, they're still around so hope floats!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was just reading one analyst's opinion that American automakers need to slow down production of sedans as the SUV and truck sales are strong. Where does this leave people with low to middle incomes that can't afford twenty thousand plus vehicles? They either keep what they have or buy used. I believe there will soon be a huge market for a new, inexpensive vehicle. The Elio factory will have problems keeping up with the demand when they do start selling them. That's a good problem. A investor that is forward thinking would love to be a part of that. The questions are: Is the Elio the best one to invest in? Are the other makers, foreign or domestic, able to fill this market need better? I believe the Elio is in the best position to accomplish this. Other new makers are not anywhere close to having large production capabilities and the established companies are too big to make a low profit vehicle. Looking forward to getting my Elio.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Count me in as Elio's best friend Booboo! That's why I've been playing the POWERball lotto so when I win, I can fund the production of our ELIO. You should do the same.
Things That Are More Likely Than Winning the Lottery
If you believe in the odds of winning the lottery, then you should never fly or drive. That because you are more apt to be killed in a plane crash, where the odds are 25 million to 1, and far more likely to die in a car accident, where the odds are only 5,000 to 1.

Similarly, you should start sleeping on the floor and taking showers. That's because the odds of being killed by falling out of bed are 2 million to 1, while the odds of drowning while taking a bath are 840,000 to 1. But don't think you can improve your chances by avoiding cleanliness altogether. The odds of dying from a flesh-eating bacteria are only 1 million to 1.

Maybe you'll have better luck outside. Not! The odds of being killed by lightning are 2 million to 1 while being mauled to death by a dog are 700,000 to 1. Bring your anti-venom kit, because you are even more likely to die from a snake bite or bee sting, where the odds are 100,000 to 1.

If these statistics have you feeling a little paranoid, cheer up. Many good things are also more likely than winning the lottery. For example, the odds of becoming a movie star are only 1.5 million to 1, while the odds of getting a royal flush in the first hand of poker are just 649,740 to 1. Even better (guys), the odds of dating a supermodel are a measly 88,000 to 1.

Following is my comments-
on the downside, you think part of the income is going to education ( me smiling), the operations are not run by our government, they are profit making companies that take their big chunk. Our government supports this because it sounds/ looks good that the meager amounts turned over give the appearance that this is a different source of state income-
comes at a terrible price. Lives have been ruined as folks who cannot afford the basics, line up to throw their money away. What a waste.
But if you go to bed thinking about what you'd do with the $, your a true gambler.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Things That Are More Likely Than Winning the Lottery
If you believe in the odds of winning the lottery, then you should never fly or drive. That because you are more apt to be killed in a plane crash, where the odds are 25 million to 1, and far more likely to die in a car accident, where the odds are only 5,000 to 1.

Similarly, you should start sleeping on the floor and taking showers. That's because the odds of being killed by falling out of bed are 2 million to 1, while the odds of drowning while taking a bath are 840,000 to 1. But don't think you can improve your chances by avoiding cleanliness altogether. The odds of dying from a flesh-eating bacteria are only 1 million to 1.

Maybe you'll have better luck outside. Not! The odds of being killed by lightning are 2 million to 1 while being mauled to death by a dog are 700,000 to 1. Bring your anti-venom kit, because you are even more likely to die from a snake bite or bee sting, where the odds are 100,000 to 1.

If these statistics have you feeling a little paranoid, cheer up. Many good things are also more likely than winning the lottery. For example, the odds of becoming a movie star are only 1.5 million to 1, while the odds of getting a royal flush in the first hand of poker are just 649,740 to 1. Even better (guys), the odds of dating a supermodel are a measly 88,000 to 1.

Following is my comments-
on the downside, you think part of the income is going to education ( me smiling), the operations are not run by our government, they are profit making companies that take their big chunk. Our government supports this because it sounds/ looks good that the meager amounts turned over give the appearance that this is a different source of state income-
comes at a terrible price. Lives have been ruined as folks who cannot afford the basics, line up to throw their money away. What a waste.
But if you go to bed thinking about what you'd do with the $, your a true gambler.
Bottom line RUCRAYZE, there's that ONE (1) chance in however deep are the odds, that it could happen! And it had happened to those lucky few that are now enjoying their new found wealth. Hope floats! Lol

Top Bottom