• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Behind The Scenes With Paul Elio

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree on the financial side. MF seems to know what's going on even if they continually try to pull that "There is one company that is super, super great and I'd love to tell you about it but I'm going to string you along and then finally, offer you the chance to pay some money to hear about it." crap. I understand they are a money making organization but it's gotten where I won't even click on their links anymore.

Paul could easily slip in a "once the frame was complete, the engine and transmission went right into place without modification." kind of statement to let us know they are on track.
There is no reason to question the on track schedule of the P5. EM stated 20 weeks or less. It's the one deadline they can't afford to miss. The funding is available, all the parts are available, the engine is tested and available, and the build is contracted with an experienced builder that has built the previous Elio Prototypes.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no reason to question the on track schedule of the P5. EM stated 20 weeks or less. It's the one deadline they can't afford to miss. The funding is available, all the parts are available, the engine is tested and available, and the build is contracted with an experienced builder that has built the previous Elio Prototypes.

That is not what he said. He said that P4 was completed in 20 weeks and P5 would probably take less.
It isn't a deadline.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Per the interview:
"We had published, most recently, mid-2016. Now that the funding picture is becoming much clearer, we're going to have a Supplier Summit in early August to roll up the timeline and come up with, "This is when we really think we can hit it."

I'm not clear yet. I think it's 2016. I don't know what month."

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Per the interview:
"We had published, most recently, mid-2016. Now that the funding picture is becoming much clearer, we're going to have a Supplier Summit in early August to roll up the timeline and come up with, "This is when we really think we can hit it."

I'm not clear yet. I think it's 2016. I don't know what month."

Will your Elio have a round door to match your house in Bag End?

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What is the issue with "early August"?
This isn't Rotorway.
They finished their conference yesterday (Aug 14).
If they say nothing until Sept 1 that's their prerogative, not yours.
If you read the transcript of the Motley Fool interview, it apparently took place several weeks ago (maybe a month?). PE references the Start Engine program sitting at "over 22 Million" and it's been quite a while since it was at that level. So at that point the Suppliers Conference was still a ways out

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you read the transcript of the Motley Fool interview, it apparently took place several weeks ago (maybe a month?). PE references the Start Engine program sitting at "over 22 Million" and it's been quite a while since it was at that level. So at that point the Suppliers Conference was still a ways out

But he never said they would file as soon as it hit $25 million. He was (as he should be) ambiguous as far as exact dates.

Top Bottom