• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Best Color For Safety?

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on which of the colors available from Elio Motors is the safest color to have?
Is there any research on this topic that could guide one in choosing a color which would make an accident less likely than some other color? Or should we just get the color of our preference and not worry about the chances the color would contribute to a collision? We've only got a little over a year to think about this.

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
YELLOW!!! Oh wait, there is no yellow. :(

I would tend to opt for creamsicle, red hot, or sour apple, in that order, if you want to be seen. Rocket silver, licorice, and marshmallow, starting with the worst, for the most likely to blend in..... But that's just my humble opinion.

Since there is no yellow yet, (deep sigh) I'll likely opt for Red Hot, or Creamsicle, cuz I want my tin can to be seen!!! :)

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
There's being seen, and then there's being seen in bad weather. For that, I would cross off red hot as in the dark that's just as bad as black. I'm not sure how creamsicle would be, but I suspect not all that good.

Ausrere

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think the study in Australia was the last study done on this question. It says that white and yellow have a slightly less probability of a crash. The darker colors, black, blue, green and red as well as silver and grey have about a 10% higher crash rate than white. Which is interesting since a few other studies have shown white is one of the more popular colors.

http://www.monash.edu.au/miri/research/reports/muarc263.pdf

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/white-cars-are-no-1-blame-the-iphone-not-oj-2014-06-12

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My preference in color was based on where I live - a very green part of the state. Creamcicle will show up better among the trees than Sour Apple Green. I won't own black - too hot, don't care for white or silver - too boring and I'm afraid the red and blue will disappear at night. Those are my thoughts and opinion and I'm sticking to it. For now! :-) Z

Top Bottom