• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Best Color For Safety?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Marshmallow it is........the most visible color except in a blizzard........and then I'm home by the fire. Also, white looks cleaner........longer.......a win win except for the boring part........may have too two tone it up with a little creamsicle.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My preference in color was based on where I live - a very green part of the state. Creamcicle will show up better among the trees than Sour Apple Green. I won't own black - too hot, don't care for white or silver - too boring and I'm afraid the red and blue will disappear at night. Those are my thoughts and opinion and I'm sticking to it. For now! :) Z

Hi Z,

Have you giving any thoughts about using more then one color?? The Elio is not that big... if you wanted some pin stripes or just make it two/three tone...

Your dress had all kind of colors, why not your Elio... it is just not that much paint... uses less then half the paint used on a regular car...

I like the white with lime green stripes, you will be able to see that baby coming from a long ways away... or I just like the way the lime green pops out from the white background..

I was hoping that Elio Motors would offer that new " NO WASH EVER " paint that just came out, it may cost a little up front..

But you would NEVER have a dirty Elio, dirt or grim will not stick to the paint, it just falls off like using Rain X on your wind shield...

The video only shows it on a white car, so no idea if it would keep a dark Elio... dark and clean? worth checking out... a never need to wash, on a all black Elio, that could save you some cleaning time and money...

That is just one of the reason that makes the Elio so special, it is such a great vehicle, because it is low cost and so very easy to make it personal... and you can have a ONE of a kind Elio... it is not a group car... it will be " YOUR OWN SPECIAL " Elio....

I would think that a motorcycle/car painter/Artist would love to see their work on one of the New Elio Autocycles with pictures of course... just because no one has done it before!!

At least until there are thousands on the road... and Elio's everywhere... All I am saying is don't be lock in by just one color... like me this is or could be your last NEW Autocycle... many ways to bring color into your life... why not an Elio...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 with lime green stripes... on the road in 2015

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on which of the colors available from Elio Motors is the safest color to have?
Is there any research on this topic that could guide one in choosing a color which would make an accident less likely than some other color? Or should we just get the color of our preference and not worry about the chances the color would contribute to a collision? We've only got a little over a year to think about this.
If this is a priority, I'd go all the way and add Reflective Tape or Micro Beads, and do it right. The contrast with lines and such would be much more effective. The you can keep any color you like.
Or go for a full wrap

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Z,

Have you giving any thoughts about using more then one color?? The Elio is not that big... if you wanted some pin stripes or just make it two/three tone...

Your dress had all kind of colors, why not your Elio... it is just not that much paint... uses less then half the paint used on a regular car...

I like the white with lime green stripes, you will be able to see that baby coming from a long ways away... or I just like the way the lime green pops out from the white background..

I was hoping that Elio Motors would offer that new " NO WASH EVER " paint that just came out, it may cost a little up front..

But you would NEVER have a dirty Elio, dirt or grim will not stick to the paint, it just falls off like using Rain X on your wind shield...

The video only shows it on a white car, so no idea if it would keep a dark Elio... dark and clean? worth checking out... a never need to wash, on a all black Elio, that could save you some cleaning time and money...

That is just one of the reason that makes the Elio so special, it is such a great vehicle, because it is low cost and so very easy to make it personal... and you can have a ONE of a kind Elio... it is not a group car... it will be " YOUR OWN SPECIAL " Elio....

I would think that a motorcycle/car painter/Artist would love to see their work on one of the New Elio Autocycles with pictures of course... just because no one has done it before!!

At least until there are thousands on the road... and Elio's everywhere... All I am saying is don't be lock in by just one color... like me this is or could be your last NEW Autocycle... many ways to bring color into your life... why not an Elio...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225 with lime green stripes... on the road in 2015
I like your idea and in fact have been thinking about it since I saw the pin ball machines in the hobby thread. LOL There is one in one of the pictures that is creamsicle, true blue and yellow that is truly awesome. I saw those colors and immediately saw my Elio with something like that. As my avatar and my dress indicate, I love color and the more the better. Lots of time to make those decision so you can count on me thinking about it. :-) Z

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I won't worry about the color too much. I plan on outfitting my Elio with LED lighting that will certainly get me noticed. Also, since the Elio is classified as a motorcycle a headlight modulator is authorized by law. Have one on my scooter and it sure makes folks take notice of me.

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Z,

I vote YES for a self-cleaning Elio. Put it on the add-ons list.

Top Bottom