• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Best Color For Safety?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
black and white.jpg
Black and white seems to get everyone's attention.:D

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Color is irrelevant in most wrecks in my experience. An inattentive driver will hit your car regardless of it's color. I had an Orange/Red BMW similar to below that was T-boned at 1pm in the afternoon on a sunny summer day as an example. I also nearly got rear ended in a bright Red Ferrari last weekend by some idiot texting and driving.:mad:

HENNA2.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A bright lemon yellow was my first choice, but in its absence, I'm thinking red. I probably won't opt for the OEM color, as so far it appears far to light for my taste, so I'm planning a few extra bucks for a respray.

If you want to see a real red, have a look at a Fiat. They are available (and popular) in Rosso Corsa, the international racing color of Italy, made famous by Ferrari. The red pigment has a slight touch of blue in it, and it's heavily saturated - giving it the "blood red" look long associated with Italian cars. With a good clay treatment and a carefully-applied coat of wax, the look is unbelievable. A new Fiat in Rosso Corsa parked next to me yesterday and I just stood and admired it. It's going to look so good on my Elio . . . :)

Top Bottom