• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bike Rack

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not arguing capacity. From a legal standpoint it's over. Ask your insurance company.
Potentially. Depending on circumstances, your insurance carrier may opt to not honor collision coverage for damage to your vehicle. Even if they won't honor liability, most homeowners have their house covered by the same company, so their personal liability would then cover it. So the ins company pays out anyways.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He's said no such thing. Since the capacity for towing won't be built into the program if you tow you will be using it in a manor not intended by the manufacturer.

Check with your insurance company and see what they have to say about that.
Every insurance policy including the one I'm reading now on my Fiat POP says it will cover a small trailer.. That does not mean the trailer it means if one happens to fly my car and do damage to another vehicle, ie.. liability only.. My Fiat manual reads . Trailer towing is discouaged and vehicle is not intended for tow purposes..I do insure my bike trailer seperate, of course I' don't pull it with the Fiat.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Potentially. Depending on circumstances, your insurance carrier may opt to not honor collision coverage for damage to your vehicle. Even if they won't honor liability, most homeowners have their house covered by the same company, so their personal liability would then cover it. So the ins company pays out anyways.
Not if you've violated the terms of your insurance. Call and ask.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every insurance policy including the one I'm reading now on my Fiat POP says it will cover a small trailer.. That does not mean the trailer it means if one happens to fly my car and do damage to another vehicle, ie.. liability only.. My Fiat manual reads . Trailer towing is discouaged and vehicle is not intended for tow purposes..I do insure my bike trailer seperate, of course I' don't pull it with the Fiat.
Given that it's new it's going to be under the microscope. I don't think you'll be able to get the same policy you have for you established Fiat that you will for your Elio.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given that it's new it's going to be under the microscope. I don't think you'll be able to get the same policy you have for you established Fiat that you will for your Elio.
The Elio will be insured thru by motorcycle policy... have checked with Fl dmv and geico ..... Will be.liscensed and tagged in Florida as a Motorcycle..Just like most states will do..Reading my Harley policy now.. guess what , it has the same word for word as the Fiat , libality Covered for trailer..

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will be insured thru by motorcycle policy... have checked with Fl dmv and geico ..... Will be.liscensed and tagged in Florida as a Motorcycle..Just like most states will do..Reading my Harley policy now.. guess what , it has the same word for word as the Fiat , libality Covered for trailer..
No one at Harley ever proclaimed that their stability control can not handle towing. It's this statement that makes the difference.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No one at Harley ever proclaimed that their stability control can not handle towing. It's this statement that makes the difference.
you either use your front brake or back brake or together.. two seperate controls.. front by hand .. back by foot.. no sway or stablility control other than the rider

Top Bottom