• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bike Rack

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I need to take my bike with me. Do you think the bike will fit inside? or is there a simple, small, lightweight strap-type bike carrier that will fit on the rear end?

Moderator Comment: Merged question into existing back rack thread
If I can build a rack to carry sailboards on top of my convertible, I'm sure there MUST be a way to carry a bicycle on an Elio without dropping $500 at the trailer shop. But without having one to examine it's hard to tell exactly how it could work.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That creative side mounted bike rack idea would even allow me to haul a sheet of plywood on it from the big box store. Heck, won't need a pickup truck with a small trailer and/or bike rack option. Elio is looking more & more functional!

BrianRosenthal

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the idea, but you're going to have issues with the inside pedal and the handlebars. It might be worth carrying a pedal wrench and the appropriate wrench for the stem (unless you have a threadless headset).

I think if you mounted it so the bike was facing backwards, the bars might clear the trunk, leaving only the pedal to deal with.

Umaxen

Elio Fan
Reaction score
More and more, I'm thinking about just finding a bike that's either a fold up that fits in the trunk or a bike with smaller wheels that has quick release on both front and rear wheels. I would hate to get -15mpg simply because the bike was dragging me down...

R

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Mobiky makes portable bike that folds like an accordion and they even have battery powered models. This has been cloned by a Chinese manufacturer that sells it at 1/3 the price.

Top Bottom