• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Birmingham Elio Tour - Atlanta Area Caravan And Car Pool

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I debated leaving later but after the air show I realized getting there before the crowds really gives us good time to chat with the Elio team before they get busy.

I was really thinking about a late lunch / early dinner maybe mid afternoon or so. This gives us several hours with the vehicle and the team but also allows the Atlanta area people to be on familiar roads before it gets dark out.

How about a bunch of you get together and take the team out to lunch / dinner? Seems like that'd be a pretty cool thing to do and they'd probably appreciate it. See if you can talk to them about ANYTHING other than the Elio. I bet they'd appreciate that as well...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
How about a bunch of you get together and take the team out to lunch / dinner? Seems like that'd be a pretty cool thing to do and they'd probably appreciate it. See if you can talk to them about ANYTHING other than the Elio. I bet they'd appreciate that as well...
The thought had crossed my mind. We will see how things play out and hopefully have some time to chat with the team before things get hectic for them.

rdoearth

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've already seem the car once, but wouldn't mind seeing it again. I wouldn't mind carpooling either, as my car is getting a little long in the tooth. I'm sure it would make it and back alright (I drive it to Maine once or twice a year), just not sure others want to ride in a 95 Maxima. But I would drive alone and follow the caravan too if need be!

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The late lunch/early dinner idea is fine for the group. As for the team, I can't imagine them leaving the Elio, and the interested crowds, to depart for meals, unless they do a rotation. The show lasts from 10:00 A. M. to 9:00 P. M.

With Jerry being the senior answer man, perhaps we can being him, or the team, meals of their choice. In addition to being a nice gesture, this can strengthen the bond between our group and the factory team. Imagine if we provided this service at every Elio Event! I am inspired by a local trade show. At every other city, the dealers are on their own for meals. When they come to Atlanta, the local club delivers them free sandwich lunches and cold drinks in an expression of southern hospitality. The dealers often say this is one of the things they most enjoy.

Remember to wear your Elioowners.com or Elio Motors shirt if you have one!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone flat out asked anyone from the touring team if anyone from Elio is either monitoring this site, or even is a stealth member?

If they aren't then that wouldn't say much for the concern of the Elio Co. in their interest in what the customer wants.
They are on here, you can bet your bottom dollar.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they aren't then what wouldn't say much for the concern of the Elio Co. in their interest in what the customer wants.
They are on here, you can bet your bottom dollar.

But are they actively participating? On FB, we can ask them a question and they respond, albeit usually with a canned answer that they've used before, unless it's very specific. They get a lot of "when are you coming to...?" :rolleyes: Look it up!
It would be cool to know who they are. We could have a thread specifically for a Q/A directly with EM.
And "I know, but I can't tell you." is a valid answer to a question.

Reactions: DWR

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone flat out asked anyone from the touring team if anyone from Elio is either monitoring this site, or even is a stealth member?

Goofyone has stated before they do monitor this, and other Elio forums that are independent of Elio Motors. He has also been a part of invitation only town hall meetings with Paul Elio, and other employees/board members. I believe that happened only because they found him on this site. I could be wrong about that, so maybe he can confirm this.:)

Top Bottom