• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
o_O Really? Don't bother with the articles (old news), just check out the -$80 billion highlights...sums up the DOE pretty well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/specialreports/solyndra-scandal/
Yes Really! If you actually fact check and not use political BS. Solyndra and Fisker are a sliver of a % of the other many highly successful loans that make the DOE venture capital program portfolio profitable. EM' s loan request is even less signifcant than Fisker's compared to Ford and Nissan. I would like to see a tiny ORANGE sliver of the pie chart dedicated to EM's approved loan application.

NOTE: You may have to squint or expand the chart to actually read Fisker & Solyndra. I'm sorry they failed but no reason to deny the DOE's successful Loan Programs.

image.jpg

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for trying. If the facts are on your side, argue the facts. If logic is on your side, argue logic. If both are against you, attack the messenger. It's an old story.
YOu can get in real trouble for exposing the golden tenets of the Democratic election commission like that. LOL Of course the secret is still pretty safe because most never gather news beyond the local and national media propaganda. LOL Fasinating to see people still voting "D" when all they've got is Hillary and the third option as a campaign platform. LOL

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes Really! If you actually fact check and not use political BS. Solyndra and Fisker are a sliver of a % of the other many highly successful loans that make the DOE venture capital program portfolio profitable. EM' s loan request is even less signifcant than Fisker's compared to Ford and Nissan. I would like to see a tiny ORANGE sliver of the pie chart dedicated to EM's approved loan application.

NOTE: You may have to squint or expand the chart to actually read Fisker & Solyndra. I'm sorry they failed but no reason to deny the DOE's successful Loan Programs.

View attachment 5371

And Elio is a lower amount than either of the failed programs.
That's why I wonder why some of the posters keep saying those failures should have anything to do with the Elio loan request.
Lets keep the politics out of this. we will be blasted with that crap 24/7 soon enough. ( Scooby van and all. ;) )

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And Elio is a lower amount than either of the failed programs.
That's why I wonder why some of the posters keep saying those failures should have anything to do with the Elio loan request.
Lets keep the politics out of this. we will be blasted with that crap 24/7 soon enough. ( Scooby van and all. ;) )
Yep, that amount is so low I think it may have a chance of approval. The risk isn't any more than a $100 non-refundale for the DOE and makes all the difference in providing affordable transportation needs for the average family.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, that amount is so low I think it may have a chance of approval. The risk isn't any more than a $100 non-refundale for the DOE and makes all the difference in providing affordable transportation needs for the average family.

It's almost a chicken & egg
situation. Hatch the egg the
chicken fill follow....

Top Bottom