• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bummer Of A Car Name!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zika outbreak forces India's Tata Motors to rename car
Zica presented at car show as the country's biggest vehicles manufacturer confirms new name will be announced soon.

03 Feb 2016 20:53 GMT | Business & Economy, Asia, India, Zika virus

• The car was presented at the Auto Expo 2016 in Greater Noida, outside New Delhi, on Wednesday as the World Health Organization declared a global health emergency following the latest Zika virus outbreak.

Zica - an abbreviation for Zippy Car - has been endorsed by Argentina and Barcelona football star Lionel Messi, who was named world player of the year 2015 at a FIFA gala in Zurich last month and claimed the Ballon d'Or trophy for the fifth time overall.

"Empathising with the hardships being caused by the recent Zika virus outbreak across many countries, Tata Motors, as a socially responsible company, has decided to re-brand the car," the company said in a statement.

"The new hatchback has been showcased publicly for the first time at the Auto Expo 2016. While it carries the 'ZICA' label for the duration of the event, the new name will be announced after a few weeks, ensuring all necessary consumer/branding and regulatory aspects are addressed, and the launch will take place thereafter."

Zika virus is a mosquito-transmitted infection related to dengue, yellow fever and West Nile virus.

The virus, which may be connected to thousands of birth defects in the Americas, is primarily spread through mosquito bites, but investigators are exploring the possibility that it could be sexually transmitted.

India's largest vehicles company with revenues of $42.04bn in 2014-15, Tata Motors revealed the car's name last November.

a6de5524633f470b8fcab6202c8d2c46_18.gif

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
when I taught 5th grade math, in Spanish Harlem ( where I used roman numerals to great success),
I would also try to use practical examples - Teaching money skills, I'd say going to buy a slice of pizza for 50 cents, how much change from a dollar etc. One day, I added calzones to the pizza order, and the kids FOTFLTFAO!!!
Calzone in Spanish is underwear!! (true story) First I thought my fly was open until one of the kids filled me in

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IN BRAZIL "PINTO" IS A SLANG PHALLIC TERM BUT
THAT DIDN'T STOP FORD FROM TRYING TO SELL THEM THERE .

NOT SURE WHY IT WAS A MARKETING DISASTER ,
WHAT NAME COULD POSSIBLY BE MORE MACHO ?

I hate to say it, but even though it means that in Brazil...

You might not be macho if...

Those who owned and drove one... Don't be offended... I did too.

And I'm just macho enough to admit it.

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but even though it means that in Brazil...

You might not be macho if...

Those who owned and drove one... Don't be offended... I did too.

And I'm just macho enough to admit it.

I had to drive my mom's lime green with fake wood decals Pinto wagon my sophomore year:oops:.....because my Vega had a blown engine [SHOCKER!].

Top Bottom