• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Caddo Parish Commission - May 20th 2014 Meeting Minutes

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.caddo.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/05202014-241

EP 1.jpg

EP2.jpg

Attachments

• May 20th Caddo mm.pdf
    254.4 KB · Views: 529
Last edited by a moderator:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find that fact interesting. I looked too. Someone has an inside track to the commission.
I would suspect that too, the Parish eventually get their minutes up there as you can see the past ones, but this one is not there yet.

And to save people the Google search, here is a link:

http://www.caddo.org/agendacenter

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't find the published minutes from the Caddo parish website yet, so I am relying on what was posted at the fb Elio owners association page edit: I have added pdf of the file that you should be able to see better. The images I originally posted look terrible on my screen.
Thanks for providing another look into Elio Motors and their pursuit of financing. Candidly, I find these minutes reassuring that EM is working very hard to get the Elio into production and are pursuing all opportunities to make it happen.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The only paragraph I find a little confusing is:
image-jpg.1336.jpg

If defined as a car by legal definition, it seems Elio should have to meet the same production and safety requirements of a car.
The elio may now be a car????

On the Facebook page where this was posted Joel Sheltrown, Elios VP of Government Affairs, clarified this statement by writing that this change in legal status would only apply to the CAFE standards and not to the vehicles NHTSA classification. It will still be a motorcycle to the NHTSA but will be a car for CAFE credits. He said that there is a precedence for this as congress changed the rules for the ATVM loan program to allow three wheeled vehicles even if they are not cars according to the NHTSA definition.

Last edited:

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the Facebook page where this was posted Joel Sheltrown, Elios VP of Government Affairs, clarified this statement by writing that this change in legal status would only apply to the CAFE standards and not to the vehicles NHTSA classification. It will still be a motorcycle to the NHTSA but will be a car for CAFE credits. He said that their is a precedence for this as congress changed the rules for the ATVM loan program to allow three wheeled vehicles even if they are not cars according to the NHTSA definition.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for providing another look into Elio Motors and their pursuit of financing. Candidly, I find these minutes reassuring that EM is working very hard to get the Elio into production and are pursuing all opportunities to make it happen.

Momma Elio didn't raise any stupid children! :)

Top Bottom