• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Can-am Sypder

fred bott

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the looks of the Can-Am three wheel cycle.

My wife would not even consider having one of these BUT she is all for the Elio !

Anybody here have a Can-Am ? What is your opinion ? Is it comfortable for the "back seater" ?
can you give me some arguments to use to convince her to relent...If I get a can-am, I still WILL get my ELIO.
If you have a moment, Tell me everything you know.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio has all the creature comforts the Can-Am does not provide for the rider like all year convenience (air conditioning, heater, and weather protection). My wife (a nurse) would NEVER ride on my motorcycle but will in the Elio. Not only will she be a rider but a driver as well which is why I have to have an automatic.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the looks of the Can-Am three wheel cycle.

My wife would not even consider having one of these BUT she is all for the Elio !

Anybody here have a Can-Am ? What is your opinion ? Is it comfortable for the "back seater" ?
can you give me some arguments to use to convince her to relent...If I get a can-am, I still WILL get my ELIO.
If you have a moment, Tell me everything you know.
You might try using the search feature above. It seems like someone here does or did own one but I'm not sure. I know there has been a fair amount of discussion about them so it is at least worth looking. Good Luck. Personally, I'll take my Elio any day over any kind of true motorcycle. LOL :-) Z

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a Can-Am but I do have a motorcycle and have come across a few Can-Ams. Every owner I've talked to loves it, but then again, a lot like the Elio, it's going to attract people that are into it in the first place. They look to be exceptionally well made, I've sat on a few and they are quite solid. The only criticism I've heard is that they don't corner great at speed because they don't bank, so in that regard it's going to handle like a front wheel drive car and not like a motorcycle. They have several different package options now, and I would assume the Touring styling would be most comfortable for a passenger.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio has all the create comforts the Can-Am does not provide for the rider like all year convenience (air conditions, heater, and weather protection). My wife (a nurse) would NEVER ride on my motorcycle but will in the Elio. Not only will she be a rider but a driver as well which is why I have to have an automatic.

and the elio is about 1/3 the cost.

I did test ride a can am and didn't like it most likely because I felt the ride of the can am was more snowmobile like than motorcycle like. It doesn't lean and I really needed to lean off the thing to get it to turn at speed. That and I kept putting my foot down and running over it.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wanted a Can-Am at one point, but I got over it. :)

The lack of lean just made the ride look sterile and joyless. I would be much more likely to purchase a Piaggio MP3 500cc scooter before I put money down on a Can-Am.

It just looks FUN! (She looks fun, too! :p)

100808-GXR-MP3-210-crop500.jpg

Gilera-Fuoco.jpg

g2.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

dunkybones

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted a Can-Am at one point, but I got over it. :)

The lack of lean just made the ride look sterile and joyless. I would be much more likely to purchase a Piaggio MP3 500cc scooter before I put money down on a Can-Am.

It just looks FUN! (She looks fun, too! :p)

View attachment 1464

View attachment 1465

View attachment 1467

I saw these new when I bought my motorcycle in '08. They come in a crate, some assembly required. The salesman said they had to make the shop guys stop riding them around the parking lot because they were having too much fun and putting too many miles on them.

fred bott

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I owned on about two years ago.
Mine was the original roadster. .
I found it quite uncomfortable to ride.They have since addressed the problem with two newer models
I customized the heck out of mine then sold it on their forum.
The thing was quite powerful.
MK
View attachment 1469
WOW, that is an incredible looking ride...I'm surprised you sold it. I'm not sure if I could ever get my wife to sit on the back. It would be just like my GAZELLE.. I have to cruise in it all by my lonesome.

Top Bottom