• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Car Or Motorbike

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
evolution_zps0324779c.png

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The newly styled versions are the Mono-tracer (Gas) and E-tracers (Electric)
View attachment 1871 View attachment 1872

Definitely a MC and requires MC riding skills!
I would think if you were used to balancing yourself on a mc that being enclosed like this would be somewhat disconcerting. Or do they balance themselves automatically? I actually get goose bumps looking at these and not the warm and fuzzy kind but the omg that is scary kind. LOL :-) Z

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think if you were used to balancing yourself on a mc that being enclosed like this would be somewhat disconcerting. Or do they balance themselves automatically? I actually get goose bumps looking at these and not the warm and fuzzy kind but the omg that is scary kind. LOL :) Z
It is a motorcycle and rides exactly like a motorcycle.......just happens to be a high performance, enclosed cabin MC..........the side wheels drop down when stopping to keep it upright. Scary for me too at 150 mph. They require a 5 day class on safety and operation.........before the sale.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A motorcycle self stabilizes the faster you go. an enclosed one won't let you put your feet down at a stop so they have the outriggers to do that on these. We humans don't like to go more than 21deg off level. Lots of people get sick with the lean angles on a bike. Banking into turns is why I ride one.

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in my Motorcycle riding days (20's but finally got rid of my last bike a few months ago) I would pride myself in being able to keep the bike balanced, even at a stop, never taking my feet off the pedal. And I learned that it is dangerous to drive with your feet dangling above the ground, you do not have the ability to keep yourself balanced without having your feet up on the pedals. It scares me, even now, to see a motorcycle driver going slow with their feet dragging the ground or pavement.

Top Bottom