• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Car Or Motorbike

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back in my Motorcycle riding days (20's but finally got rid of my last bike a few months ago) I would pride myself in being able to keep the bike balanced, even at a stop, never taking my feet off the pedal. And I learned that it is dangerous to drive with your feet dangling above the ground, you do not have the ability to keep yourself balanced without having your feet up on the pedals. It scares me, even now, to see a motorcycle driver going slow with their feet dragging the ground or pavement.
I've seen some riders catch a dragging foot on something and crash, injuring an ankle/leg.:oops:
I usually win the slow ride contest.:cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A motorcycle self stabilizes the faster you go. an enclosed one won't let you put your feet down at a stop so they have the outriggers to do that on these. We humans don't like to go more than 21deg off level. Lots of people get sick with the lean angles on a bike. Banking into turns is why I ride one.
The Tracers bank at 52 degrees max..........and can bank down onto the outrigger wheel......don't know if that is such a good idea.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen some riders catch a dragging foot on something and crash, injuring an ankle/leg.:oops:
I usually win the slow ride contest.:cool:
I would only try the slow ride contest in a Tracer..............I wouldn't have to worry about dragging my feet.

Top Bottom