• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Carl Icahn Want Pep Boys To Exit The Auto Repair Business!

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never felt that there was any truly viable agreement between Elio Motors & Pep Boys...

Now with Icahn purchasing Pep Boys...I assume Elio will have to shop for a new solution for warranty repair work...

This might be a major headwind...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never felt that there was any truly viable agreement between Elio Motors & Pep Boys...

Now with Icahn purchasing Pep Boys...I assume Elio will have to shop for a new solution for warranty repair work...

This might be a major headwind...

Please explain your area of expertise that lends any credibility to your opinion.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So one hack thinks he knows what is on Carl Icahn's mind.
And that is your basis for telling us the sky is falling?
When Carl tells you what his strategy is let us know.
Until then, go back inside of your gated community.
We had this discussion some time ago.

Please spend a bit of time researching Carl Icahn's position with regards to the current Pep Boys business model...and why he made the Pep Boy acquisition...

His views are well publicized...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please spend a bit of time researching Carl Icahn's position with regards to the current Pep Boys business model...and why he made the Pep Boy acquisition...
His views are well publicized...

If you are going to tell us about his views I would suggest that you provide direct quotes and cite appropriate URLs.
Your negativity is getting depressing.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pep Boys’ two suitors want different things from the company. Bridgestone had its eye on the service side of the business, hoping to expand the 2,000 plus tire & repair centers it already operates, mostly under the Firestone brand.

But...Carl Icahn was interested in the retail side of Pep Boys...

Pep Boys last 10-K report indicated the service side of their business continued to show large financial losses...

All these facts are easily researched & documented for those who care to do the homework...

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pep Boys’ two suitors want different things from the company. Bridgestone had its eye on the service side of the business, hoping to expand the 2,000 plus tire & repair centers it already operates, mostly under the Firestone brand.

But...Carl Icahn was interested in the retail side of Pep Boys...

Pep Boys last 10-K report indicated the service side of their business continued to show large financial losses...

All these facts are easily researched & documented for those who care to do the homework...

You are the one making the claims.
You need to support them with direct quotes and substantiating URLs.
You would get a failing mark if you were writing a paper.

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In paragraph 3 he says Pep Boys has approximately 800 locations.

In paragraph 5 he says Pep Boys has approximately 500 locations.

Please re-read the article in a more deliberate manner...

The author indicates there are approximate 800 total Pep Boys locations...but only 500 of them have service center's...the other 300 locations are exclusively retail & wholesale parts outlets...and do not offer service...

Their last 10-Q report indicates that the service centers are loss leaders...

I have been a Pep Boys (PBY) investor for the last 7 years...

Last edited:
Top Bottom