• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Chandler Fashion Center, May3rd, Chandler Az

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the risk of ticking ticking someone else off welcome aboard. I gotta' ask blue eggs?
-(Ticking someone off) LOL, yes I know how that goes. It's super easy to get your 'tone' miss-understood online.
You mean the blue on my Atlantric project? Or? I had to change the color on each layer of epoxy fill so I could figure the best surface sanding. My low budget process is very labor and skill intensive. You need LOTS of special and sneaky tricks to get really good results for quality tooling, even for just a kit car project. Even harder to do that by hand. All the better to have respect for a quality result like the Elio prototypes. My project may or may not ever get done. I'm putting my 'blue eggs' in the Elio basket. :-) (correct me if I got the wrong thread-thought)

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
-(Ticking someone off) LOL, yes I know how that goes. It's super easy to get your 'tone' miss-understood online.
You mean the blue on my Atlantric project? Or? I had to change the color on each layer of epoxy fill so I could figure the best surface sanding. My low budget process is very labor and skill intensive. You need LOTS of special and sneaky tricks to get really good results for quality tooling, even for just a kit car project. Even harder to do that by hand. All the better to have respect for a quality result like the Elio prototypes. My project may or may not ever get done. I'm putting my 'blue eggs' in the Elio basket. :) (correct me if I got the wrong thread-thought)
No I was wondering about azurehenfruit's Handel. But welcome to you too!!!

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DSCF1151.JPG

Since the prototype engine is smaller I wonder if the opening will be smaller. This would help with drag and help with the 84mph goal.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went to the mall showing of the Elio P4 today in Arizona. I must say, it does indeed look much more interesting in person than in photos. Even considering I do love the look in photos. I'm building my own project car and it also exhibited that trait of looking better in person so I'm not suprised at all. Mr. Paul Elio was there by around noon. I got to shake his hand, which is grand for me, as I consider him my personnal hero. I started my own project car so I could present to the world just what this type of vehicle could be like. But then a few years a go the Elio appeared, and this has reduced the need for my project to enlighten the public. The Elio is truely an impresive execution of what I call the ideal 'Optimised Commuter Vehicle' My photos came out better than expected so I'll try and post them all here in this thread. I wanted to capture angles and parts that have not appeared elsewhere.
Thanks for all the photos and the information. Really appreciate your efforts to provide these to us.

Top Bottom