• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm heading to Charlotte in the morning. I hope to be there around 11 am. Looks like I'm going by myself so I hope the mall is easy to find. Just got to find someone in the crowd that will take a picture of me in the Elio and not run off with my Camera. LOL
Actually the EM staff will do that for you. They are the best! :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
our absolute and final (subject to change at any second
whistle.gif
) plan is to leave home around 6AM Saturday for a 3 hour drive to Charlotte .... the exhibit is scheduled to open at 9AM so we hope to be there before the line gets too long .... we will probably hang around take pictures, talk with the Elio employees and folks from this forum for the rest of the morning .... we hope to have lunch with some folks here and will probably go back to the exhibit for a while after lunch .... our departure time will be governed by a desire to get back home before dark

Jim

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Big white oak I took down for a neighbor. Stump was 64" across. Found some lead slugs buried in one cut. Counted the rings and sometime around 85 years ago somebody was target shooting I guess. I split it all for firewood. I've cut some big trees before but this was the biggest. Used a Stihl MS461 with a 32" bar. Had to move each log with a grappling hook on the front end loader. A couple of them nearly brought the back end off the ground.
That's bigger than anything on my property, way beyond what I could do with my MS250 with 18" blade. That firewood would heat my house for years. Too much splitting unless you have the right machinery. I'm down to basic splitting wedge, axe and sledge hammer. I have a pretty impressive beech tree out there that will some day fall and crush the property line fence but maybe I'll be gone by then. That's my biggest pine is the picture there and a white oak about the same diameter or a little bigger. Come down for a tour when you get your Elio.

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm heading to Charlotte in the morning. I hope to be there around 11 am. Looks like I'm going by myself so I hope the mall is easy to find. Just got to find someone in the crowd that will take a picture of me in the Elio and not run off with my Camera. LOL
Maybe I'll see you there around that time. I'll have my tan #5614 cap on.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
our absolute and final (subject to change at any second
whistle.gif
) plan is to leave home around 6AM Saturday for a 3 hour drive to Charlotte .... the exhibit is scheduled to open at 9AM so we hope to be there before the line gets too long .... we will probably hang around take pictures, talk with the Elio employees and folks from this forum for the rest of the morning .... we hope to have lunch with some folks here and will probably go back to the exhibit for a while after lunch .... our departure time will be governed by a desire to get back home before dark

Jim

JEBar/others going to Charlotte, Please drive safe.
I had asked, a while back, for someone to ask the staff, what would be the bolt pattern of the front wheels of the final production Elio, another thought comes to mind, what size will the stud bolts be?
The reason for this is, the more I think of Wire Wheels and open fenders, the more I want the 'Vintage Look'. I am trying to cost the add ons I plan to add to My Elio. The latest we hear is the fronts will be 15", I can work with that for now.
Thanks for any info you can get, along these lines.

Top Bottom