• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Class Action Elio Lawsuit Has Over 800 Signatures...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is indeed an unfortunate situation when one has to resort to using ‘the law’ to simply do the right, and honorable, thing. It’s not a reflection on the aggrieved, it’s a character problem with errant aggressor.

Paul and Co. aren’t doing their images any good by dragging their feet (if paying back at all) on these escrowed refundable reservations. Maybe, if they still really are mostly in escrow, Paul and Co. are bent on milking out the accrued interest.

I’d be willing to bet that Stu Lichter is probably embarrassed by his previous association with Paul and Co, and with what has turned into a PR and funding fiasco.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update, it's up to 975. I suggest we get a countdown clock to see the big fireworks that happens when it reaches 1000. We are only about 245 weeks (about 4 years 8 months) into this petition. I just wonder what will happen first, 1000 signatures or 5 years. Maybe we need to start an office pool.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update, it's up to 975. I suggest we get a countdown clock to see the big fireworks that happens when it reaches 1000. We are only about 245 weeks (about 4 years 8 months) into this petition. I just wonder what will happen first, 1000 signatures or 5 years. Maybe we need to start an office pool.
My bet is it will reach 1000 before five years. I figure that as the stock goes down the owners of that stock might search the internet for current information. What will they find? Nothing new from Elio (either Paul or the company) except for this website. I'm sure some of them will read the petition topic and decide it couldn't hurt.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My bet is it will reach 1000 before five years. I figure that as the stock goes down the owners of that stock might search the internet for current information. What will they find? Nothing new from Elio (either Paul or the company) except for this website. I'm sure some of them will read the petition topic and decide it couldn't hurt.

It will be done in the next five months I believe. 977 Signatures as of today.

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shame it has to come down to this. There needs to be some communications. Sometimes a person just has to swallow hard and tell it like it is. I’ve had to do it a couple of times in my life. It’s not fun or enjoyable..... but it’s always the best for all parties to know where things stand.

If all possible sources for funding have been exhausted and the project is in hibernation at this point - folks would appreciate hearing the actual status, instead of guessing and assuming. A lot of ill will is being generated when some of it could be avoided.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shame it has to come down to this. There needs to be some communications. Sometimes a person just has to swallow hard and tell it like it is. I’ve had to do it a couple of times in my life. It’s not fun or enjoyable..... but it’s always the best for all parties to know where things stand.

If all possible sources for funding have been exhausted and the project is in hibernation at this point - folks would appreciate hearing the actual status, instead of guessing and assuming. A lot of ill will is being generated when some of it could be avoided.
Very well said .

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I am not shedding any tears.

The Difference Between Elio's Crowdfunding Pitch And What Elio Tells The Government. 12/07/15
https://jalopnik.com/the-difference-between-elios-crowdfunding-pitch-and-and-1744213503
But while Elio’s rosy advertising materials blare words like INVEST NOW, the filings present a more complex situation.

... Arizona...Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Information and Complaints.

GO TO THIS WEBSITE..... https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

This office enforces the ARIZONA CONSUMER FRAUD ACT (A.R.S. §44-1521 et seq.) and other state and federal consumer protection laws. We investigate complaints involving deceptive or unfair practices which occur in connection with the sale or advertisement of goods or services.

If you feel you have been the victim of or are aware of consumer fraud, file a consumer complaint using one of the following methods:.

Submit an online complaint (English or Spanish)
Print and email a completed form to consumerinfo@azag.gov or fax it to (602)-542-4579
Mail or deliver a completed form to either location below:

Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Information and Complaints
2005 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
folks would appreciate hearing the actual status, instead of guessing and assuming.
Sounds like Paul has been listening and things might be turning around. This article has a long email from Elio and at least they fixed the refunds people ask for. Instead of 7 months it's now 3/4 weeks. Plus it explains why people having problems. Seems that people have moved and many have put in the wrong address. I suggest everyone with a reservation contact Elio and give them your latest address just in case they need to contact you.
https://www.abc15.com/news/let-joe-know/investors-seeking-refunds-from-phoenix-based-automaker

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like Paul has been listening and things might be turning around. This article has a long email from Elio and at least they fixed the refunds people ask for. Instead of 7 months it's now 3/4 weeks. Plus it explains why people having problems. Seems that people have moved and many have put in the wrong address. I suggest everyone with a reservation contact Elio and give them your latest address just in case they need to contact you.
https://www.abc15.com/news/let-joe-know/investors-seeking-refunds-from-phoenix-based-automaker
:pound:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Maybe Paul is listening, maybe he’s listening to a hometown (Phoenix, AZ) investigative reporter, Joe Ducey. Joe seems to have pretty good success with solving these sort of issues, here’s a link to his bio:

https://www.abc15.com/about-us/staff/joe-ducey

If ‘refundable’ reservation holders are continuing to experience scenarios different than what Paul described in his email to Mr. Ducey, maybe they should contact Mr. Ducey or his assistant, Emily, directly. Something tells me Mr. Ducey is ‘letting out some line.’

From Joe Ducey’s ABC 15 article Paul states:

“....reconciled as quickly as possible while maintaining established business principles.”

And,

“...in our normal business flow and procedure.”

That’s rich in irony!! Paul and Co. still haven’t addressed their flock in almost two years!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom