• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Class Action Elio Lawsuit Has Over 800 Signatures...

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Paul is listening, maybe he’s listening to a hometown (Phoenix, AZ) investigative reporter, Joe Ducey. Joe seems to have pretty good success with solving these sort of issues, here’s a link to his bio:

https://www.abc15.com/about-us/staff/joe-ducey

If ‘refundable’ reservation holders are continuing to experience scenarios different than what Paul described in his email to Mr. Ducey, maybe they should contact Mr. Ducey or his assistant, Emily, directly. Something tells me Mr. Ducey is ‘letting out some line.’

From Joe Ducey’s ABC 15 article Paul states:

“....reconciled as quickly as possible while maintaining established business principles.”

And,

“...in our normal business flow and procedure.”

That’s rich in irony!! Paul and Co. still haven’t addressed their flock in almost two years!!!
I question "established business principles". One business concept is to hold onto the money for as long as you can. That way you make more interest on it. I also question "normal business flow and procedure". Since Connie Grennan isn't there anymore, there isn't a qualified financial person there. If there are people at Elio Motors, what are they doing? They have no money for engineering, they certainly aren't advertising, keeping the website updated, or communicating in any way. Oh right, they are all working on funding. Sure.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That’s rich in irony!! Paul and Co. still haven’t addressed their flock in almost two years!!!
Elio Motors has addressed their reservation holders and telling them that it's their fault for these delays as opposed to Elio Motors:
the largest issues are with people moving or not entering correct address information which we face frequently.
Elio has warned people of this before: https://www.eliomotors.com/managing-information/ and this: https://www.eliomotors.com/stay-in-the-loop/ So obviously, Elio needed to tell people again. I bet they will have another blog that will address this situation. I'll say it again, you need to contact Elio Motors and make sure they have the correct information. It only takes a few minutes and will give you the peace of mind that when they need to contact you, they can.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree Made in America, Paul has chosen to respond only to a third party (a local investigative reporter) regarding the return of escrowed, contractually and legally separated moneys to their rightful owners. There is nothing extraordinary or magnanimous about this: it is rightfully and promptly returning money that simply does not belong to Paul, Hari, or the EM/ESG clique.

This doesn’t remotely even touch the myriad of other deeper issues. It’s just pure ‘Damage Control,’ but ‘a day late and a dollar short....’

In response to Rschneider, if what Paul says is truly the reason for the ‘delays’ why did it take Michael Noel (who figures prominently in Mr Ducey’s article months of ‘back an forth’ after being promised a check was forthcoming but never sent, originally? That’s just one case. Again, a clever diversion, another movement of the ‘shells.’

You would have a point, if there weren’t so many other systemic problems, (mostly all except this one without an explanation or convenient excuses).

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
why did it take Michael Noel (who figures prominently in Mr Ducey’s article months of ‘back an forth’ after being promised a check was forthcoming but never sent, originally?
It happens all of the time. Many times I've had customers that have sent checks and they never made it. Then they send them again and again. Then when I never get them, they have to go through the process of canceling those checks because it could get into the wrong hands.

For a while, we had a mailman that was delivering mail and packages to my house and it was for a house that was 10 numbers off. The USPS blamed me because the numbers on my mailbox were not clear enough. So, I redid my mailbox and there's no way you can get it wrong. Even at night. Seems the problem persisted until a new mailman showed up.

So this shows that reservation holders can have the wrong/out of date contact information and blocked/difficult to see numbers on their mailbox that make it easy to get mail delivered to the wrong address. Mix those two together and you have a real problem when it comes to correspondence to the Elio reservation holders.

So for help with I suggest you read this:
https://www.usps.com/manage/mailboxes.htm

Here's the most important part:
Mailboxes take a beating from the weather, so we recommend an annual mailbox checkup to avoid damage to your mail or difficulty identifying your address.
  • Tighten loose hinges on the door
  • Take care of rusty or loose parts
  • Replace missing or faded house numbers
  • Keep the path to your mailbox clear

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Paul is listening, maybe he’s listening to a hometown (Phoenix, AZ) investigative reporter, Joe Ducey. Joe seems to have pretty good success with solving these sort of issues, here’s a link to his bio:

https://www.abc15.com/about-us/staff/joe-ducey

If ‘refundable’ reservation holders are continuing to experience scenarios different than what Paul described in his email to Mr. Ducey, maybe they should contact Mr. Ducey or his assistant, Emily, directly. Something tells me Mr. Ducey is ‘letting out some line.’

From Joe Ducey’s ABC 15 article Paul states:

“....reconciled as quickly as possible while maintaining established business principles.”

And,

“...in our normal business flow and procedure.”

I'm sure Elio treats all reservationists the same, providing that there is not a reporter.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure Elio treats all reservationists the same, providing that there is not a reporter.
Seems that after the reporter and the BBB got involved, the issues were solved. From looking at the BBB site, Elio needs to improve their rating. The response from Elio is reactionary. With that Elio needs to fix the PR problem. I ask this, Is Paul even alive or is a bot just running it now?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems that after the reporter and the BBB got involved, the issues were solved. From looking at the BBB site, Elio needs to improve their rating. The response from Elio is reactionary. With that Elio needs to fix the PR problem. I ask this, Is Paul even alive or is a bot just running it now?
I think he is helping OJ catch the real killer

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the BBB site: This business is not BBB Accredited. They have little company information provided by Elio Motors. Why should Elio Motors care about the BBB if they don't even care about providing information to the reservationist and shareholders?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI from the BBB:

What are the standards for BBB Accreditation? What does my business need to have to be considered for BBB Accreditation?
Our Standards of Accreditation are built on our BBB Standards for Trust. The BBB Standards for Trust, eight principles that summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business, are a comprehensive set of best practices for how businesses should treat the public in a fair and honest manner. Businesses with a good marketplace track record, including maintaining a B or better rating, may apply to become a BBB Accredited Business.

Top Bottom