• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Class Action Elio Lawsuit Has Over 800 Signatures...

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like Paul and Hari are in that limbo ‘between a rock and a hard place.’ They know if they continue to accept ‘reservations’ it means they still (in good faith and due diligence and all that) expect funding and success. If they shut down the site and look closed down they’ll get a ‘run on the bank’ for refunds. It’s another step in running out the clock, delicate damage control, and just hoping we go away and don’t ask for explanations or answers.

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they get 1000 signatures, they are still going to have to chip in money to hire a lawyer. I don't see a lawyer taking the case unless they get paid in advance.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they get 1000 signatures, they are still going to have to chip in money to hire a lawyer. I don't see a lawyer taking the case unless they get paid in advance.

They can take it to these places or file on their own for starters....921 signatures as of today.

You can send your complaints to the department of the Attorney Generals Office with copies to the SEC.

GO TO THIS WEBSITE..... https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

This office enforces the ARIZONA CONSUMER FRAUD ACT (A.R.S. §44-1521 et seq.) and other state and federal consumer protection laws. We investigate complaints involving deceptive or unfair practices which occur in connection with the sale or advertisement of goods or services.

If you feel you have been the victim of or are aware of consumer fraud, file a consumer complaint using one of the following methods:.

Submit an online complaint (English or Spanish)
Print and email a completed form to consumerinfo@azag.gov or fax it to (602)-542-4579
Mail or deliver a completed form to either location below:

Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Information and Complaints
2005 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004

400 W. Congress, South
Building, Suite 315
Tucson, AZ 85701-1367

Last edited:

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They can take it to these places or file on their own for starters....921 signatures as of today.

You can send your complaints to the department of the Attorney Generals Office with copies to the SEC.

GO TO THIS WEBSITE..... https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

This office enforces the ARIZONA CONSUMER FRAUD ACT (A.R.S. §44-1521 et seq.) and other state and federal consumer protection laws. We investigate complaints involving deceptive or unfair practices which occur in connection with the sale or advertisement of goods or services.

If you feel you have been the victim of or are aware of consumer fraud, file a consumer complaint using one of the following methods:.

Submit an online complaint (English or Spanish)
Print and email a completed form to consumerinfo@azag.gov or fax it to (602)-542-4579
Mail or deliver a completed form to either location below:

2005 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004

400 W. Congress, South
Building, Suite 315
Tucson, AZ 85701-1367

I wonder how many complaints had already been filed, investigated, and dismissed already.
After all these years you would think it has already been tried multiple time.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how many complaints had already been filed, investigated, and dismissed already.
After all these years you would think it has already been tried multiple time.

I am around four of these membership forums, nobody has mentioned this petition and if any filings have been dismissed. This tread was started when someone seen the petition, and scrolling through it nothing is mentioned if anyone tried filing with Arizona or any other state.. If it goes through it would 1k people, and if someone fails I am sure they would contact those with the petition.The person who is heading this petition must have received many ideas on what to do with the least cost from over 900 people..

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do you think they worded it (for the $1,000 deposit's) the way they did.
A lawyer wrote it up before it was posted.
It be like rowing for shore with one oar that you can't take off one side of the boat.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It be like rowing for shore with one oar that you can't take off one side of the boat.

Coss, you have brought up an excellent point and I couldn’t agree more: to use your ‘oar in the water’ analogy, no fancy wording or legalese gets around the necessary ‘elements’ that create a legal and binding ‘Contract.’ Both parties have to ‘have oars in the water,’ i.e., have to have ‘consideration.’ You can look up ‘consideration’ in the legal context so I won’t waste your time here: Not only is the tenet that ‘something must be exchanged’ but one party cannot induce the other party from giving up that requirement. (Not dissimilar to the concept that tortious ‘Negligence’ cannot be waived away no matter the wording and fine print).

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that for a ‘non refundable’ deposit, the ‘reservationists’ ultimately were only promised a ‘spot in line.’ For the sake of argument let’s assume that does satisfy ‘consideration’ as sufficient. The problem is, however, that not only is there ‘no line to have a spot in,’ arguably Elio Motors made such ‘poor choices’ and created situations that further made upholding their ‘end of the contact’ null and void, anyhow. No amount of fine print or legalese gets around that.

In ‘broad strokes’ maybe Elio Motors’ decisions at key junctures many might whitewash as ‘poor management but good engineering.’ It would also be convenient to say ‘good management but poor engineering,’ but neither of those explanations really work.

It could be argued, and remains to be seen, how and why certain decisions were made, changes, abandoned, and forgotten. To name but a few, my list would include: misspending the additional funding for the 25 or 100 unit test fleet, the ‘push’ to get the arbitrary, but financially beneficial, 65,000 reservationists to ‘impress’ the Federal Technology (ATVM) people and just what was designing a new engine all about, particularly when your original mantra was ‘relying on off the shelf.’ Certainly many investors and reservationists have questions of their own.

It boils down to ‘questions and answers’ and again we are limited to ‘one oar in the water.’ Paul and Hari have chosen to have no dialogue with their investor and reservationist base. That’s ok, but eventually there needs to be, and should be, at least an accounting. It doesn’t look good, that corporate principals are unapproachable and/or have quit and disappeared. Pat and trite personal email responses rather than official blogs are worthless. It’s apparent that respect and resolution is not forthcoming. It seems Paul and Co. are just hoping we stop knocking at the door and go away

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss, you have brought up an excellent point and I couldn’t agree more: to use your ‘oar in the water’ analogy, no fancy wording or legalese gets around the necessary ‘elements’ that create a legal and binding ‘Contract.’ Both parties have to ‘have oars in the water,’ i.e., have to have ‘consideration.’ You can look up ‘consideration’ in the legal context so I won’t waste your time here: Not only is the tenet that ‘something must be exchanged’ but one party cannot induce the other party from giving up that requirement. (Not dissimilar to the concept that tortious ‘Negligence’ cannot be waived away no matter the wording and fine print).

Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that for a ‘non refundable’ deposit, the ‘reservationists’ ultimately were only promised a ‘spot in line.’ For the sake of argument let’s assume that does satisfy ‘consideration’ as sufficient. The problem is, however, that not only is there ‘no line to have a spot in,’ arguably Elio Motors made such ‘poor choices’ and created situations that further made upholding their ‘end of the contact’ null and void, anyhow. No amount of fine print or legalese gets around that.

In ‘broad strokes’ maybe Elio Motors’ decisions at key junctures many might whitewash as ‘poor management but good engineering.’ It would also be convenient to say ‘good management but poor engineering,’ but neither of those explanations really work.

It could be argued, and remains to be seen, how and why certain decisions were made, changes, abandoned, and forgotten. To name but a few, my list would include: misspending the additional funding for the 25 or 100 unit test fleet, the ‘push’ to get the arbitrary, but financially beneficial, 65,000 reservationists to ‘impress’ the Federal Technology (ATVM) people and just what was designing a new engine all about, particularly when your original mantra was ‘relying on off the shelf.’ Certainly many investors and reservationists have questions of their own.

It boils down to ‘questions and answers’ and again we are limited to ‘one oar in the water.’ Paul and Hari have chosen to have no dialogue with their investor and reservationist base. That’s ok, but eventually there needs to be, and should be, at least an accounting. It doesn’t look good, that corporate principals are unapproachable and/or have quit and disappeared. Pat and trite personal email responses rather than official blogs are worthless. It’s apparent that respect and resolution is not forthcoming. It seems Paul and Co. are just hoping we stop knocking at the door and go away

This is sending Elio a message with their bad management and the millions of dollars that Pauls other company received. Besides the stock price to go from $12 to less than $1. If you read the petition it is to halt sales so others don't invest in any deposits of any kind. These are complaints and nobody really expects their money back from these guys who are untrustworthy. TNT had a refundable deposit and they have been giving him the run around for 6 months in-which he has now a Phoenix TV station for assistance.

Top Bottom