• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Collection Of Pics From The 4/22 Nashville Showing Of P4

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
In the under the hood picture you can see a "power inverter". I wonder what that does?

There is a youtube video somewhere where they mentioned the power inverter but I don't remember what they were powering with it. On this prototype I just ignore anything under the hood as none of that is destined for production.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doors, Hatches, and such-
As for the rear hatch, some angles are deceiving. Here it looks larger than it actually is-
13977108414_2cf034b8f7_b.jpg

This angle gives a much better perspective of how small the opening is between the raised hatch and the body-
13973669752_b09d394cec_b.jpg

The actual trunk is the size of a mid to small gym bag, though squishing I could probably fit my stuffed "3-day assault pack" but certainly nothing larger. It is less than 12" tall at the back end and around 16"-18"wide judging by the flyer's size.(wish I had taken a small tape measure!)
13953579256_028d0a8ba8_b.jpg
I'm hopeful that the hinges and 'prop' will be different on the production version. It seems to me that with the addition of a pressurized cylinder the trunk lid could be designed to stay open without the need to use both hands while setting the prop. I don't recall how far the trunk lid opens before it hits the hinge/body limits. I'll have to ask that question in Birmingham in a couple of weeks. Also, Is that a stack of bumper stickers in the trunk?

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a youtube video somewhere where they mentioned the power inverter but I don't remember what they were powering with it. On this prototype I just ignore anything under the hood as none of that is destined for production.
Besides the obvious non-prototypical engine that battery is 3X the size it needs to be.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hopeful that the hinges and 'prop' will be different on the production version. It seems to me that with the addition of a pressurized cylinder the trunk lid could be designed to stay open without the need to use both hands while setting the prop. I don't recall how far the trunk lid opens before it hits the hinge/body limits. I'll have to ask that question in Birmingham in a couple of weeks. Also, Is that a stack of bumper stickers in the trunk?
The prop would be an effective way of keeping the cost down. It would be easy to add a pressurized cylinder after the fact if you weren't happy with the prop.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Hopefully there's enough clearance in that area and sufficient structure to allow the installation of mounting brackets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom