• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Colorado Elio

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Mel is #4570.

Attachments

• Elio2.jpg
    Elio2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 369

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Any comments from your passenger's experience? I believe she is sitting forward in the last picture and I wondered what her impressions were if she sat back into the seat. Could she see out well enough? Was it claustrophobic? Would she be willing to sit back there for hours on a cross country trip?

I don't expect to have passengers in my elio but it would be good to know what a passenger might feel back there.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
great pix! i notice in the last one, there is a red sw/button on the top of the steering column. not for a tilt steering wheel, is it? i haven't notice anywhere else on the forum, the mention of the tilt wheel option being available.(i know i haven't read every post so far but would be interested in the tilt wheel.)

I didn't see that until you pointed it out. But I don't think it was a tilt. In and out pretty quick.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any comments from your passenger's experience? I believe she is sitting forward in the last picture and I wondered what her impressions were if she sat back into the seat. Could she see out well enough? Was it claustrophobic? Would she be willing to sit back there for hours on a cross country trip?

I don't expect to have passengers in my elio but it would be good to know what a passenger might feel back there.

In the picture she was leaning forward. Sitting back was comfortable but not much leg room. View to the sides was nice but straightahead was the headrest. She said she could sit back there on an extended trip with stops.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is my view from the backseat. I should have taken a panoramic view View attachment 2382

Thanks for the rear seat view. I don't remember the last time I rode on the passenger seat on a motorcycle but I suspect that if you replaced the headrest with a helmet that must be what you would see on a motorcycle.

The picture also adds fuel to the idea of putting a tablet in the back of the headrest. The passenger could use the tablet to select a feed of the road ahead, a picture of the driver when trying to talk with them, a movie, etc.

I love the idea of a panoramic view from the rear seat; hopefully one of the next viewers will be able to do that.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
great pix! i notice in the last one, there is a red sw/button on the top of the steering column. not for a tilt steering wheel, is it? i haven't notice anywhere else on the forum, the mention of the tilt wheel option being available.(i know i haven't read every post so far but would be interested in the tilt wheel.)
Hey goldwing06. Other members have confirmed at other showings that it will have tilt wheel. For the life of me, I don't know why Elio doesn't list it as standard equipment. Here's the thread about it I started in March.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/tilt-steering-wheel.2424/

Top Bottom