• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Commission Orientated Sales & Marketing =

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A commission oriented marketing force = One showroom and one marketing person for every car on the road, at no cost to the company.

If information on the site linked below is accurate, $571.00 per unit has been included in the price of each car to offset sales and another $346 not included in the price, budgeted for marketing. I can see no reason a $150 commission can’t be paid out for each car, to owners that go out and make a living showing and selling this car online through the company web site.

Selling the car over the internet will circumvent the law in almost every state that prevents direct sales by auto makers.

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/innova...l-despite-not-actually-selling-anything.shtml

Their goal is to have 120 stores selling 6 cars a day each. This may happen at first until the local market is saturated, then sales will drop off. By local market, I mean people that live close enough to go to the showroom to see the car and kick the tires. People that live more than two hours (four hours round trip) will not take the time to go to the show room and take a look.

Going by what goes on, on this site and other Elio forums, very few are going to just buy the car without seeing it or taking a test drive. Go to the company web site and find the showroom map in the store section. What do you think the possibility someone in Helena Montana will drive 12 hrs oneway to Denver Colorado just check out a car with a 50/50 chance of a purchase?

If you look at the map, there are eight states in the north west that don’t have a showroom within a ten hour drive one way on avg. This market would be perfect for people who own an Elio to make a living selling this car to people who have to drive long distances on long, straight, go on forever, highways and could use a car that gets 84 mpg. if I lived up in that area, I would go straight to the North and South Dakota and sell one to all thoes people making $30 an hour in the gas fields.

EM marketing is geared towards the very people who can’t afforded to travel ten or twelve hours just to check a car they may or may not purchase.
JMO

I will be pushing this kind of marketing hard, because this how I would like to spend the rest of my life semi-retired, on the road having fun. As greedy as I am, I can honestly see myself trying to average at least 12 to 15 cars a month.

Not everyone can be a salesman, but everyone can market.
Sense this car sales it’s self, the rest in the bag.

http://c1gas2org.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2013/08/retailstore_plan.jpg

http://www.eliomotors.com/

"GREED IS GOOD"

Last edited:

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have ignored the fact that there must be a service facility (they will break down) and that in conjunction with a ""store"" is part of what it takes to market any substantial vehicle today!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have ignored the fact that there must be a service facility (they will break down) and that in conjunction with a ""store"" is part of what it takes to market any substantial vehicle today!
Please don’t take this post as, in your face. Just trying to put out information that increases knowledge and invokes thought.

This is from EM company web site..

If there really is beauty in simplicity, then Elio is a knockout. Your proverbial 10! That’s because Elio was specifically engineered for reliability and simple service. As if that wasn’t enough, Elio is partnering with a nationwide authorized service center. This service center will have more authorized locations than any other major brand – and stocked with all the parts and accessories needed to keep your Elio running smoothly.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NRB, you must have missed all the info and interviews that specifically states that Elio will not directly service the Elio (echoing Craig's response). They will have automotive service partners that will facilitate this for them. I think they had speculated that Pep Boys will likely be one of their national partners. I believe that I also read that the service partners would be handling the vehicle prep as well. The Elio store front would be nothing more than a showroom to choose how you want your new Elio to look. Everything else would be handled off site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
NRB, you must have missed all the info and interviews that specifically states that Elio will not directly service the Elio (echoing Craig's response). They will have automotive service partners that will facilitate this for them. I think they had speculated that Pep Boys will likely be one of their national partners. I believe that I also read that the service partners would be handling the vehicle prep as well. The Elio store front would be nothing more than a showroom to choose how you want your new Elio to look. Everything else would be handled off site.

Oh, Yay. That means I have to drive 45 miles to the nearest Pep Boys, or 75 miles to the next nearest. EM ought to consider having Chrysler dealerships service Elios. They need all the help they can get.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, Yay. That means I have to drive 45 miles to the nearest Pep Boys, or 75 miles to the next nearest. EM ought to consider having Chrysler dealerships service Elios. They need all the help they can get.
I'm perfectly okay with it, but any car I own will never see the inside of a automotive repair shop unless I work there. Regardless of who there partners end up being and how close they are to me. The main point though is that these select service partners will likely be more accessible than an Elio store front. Because they already have a large presence in the market it will offer an Elio customer more flexibility. They will probably offer multiple options other than just the one I listed.

Frosty

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm perfectly okay with it, but any car I own will never see the inside of a automotive repair shop unless I work there. Regardless of who there partners end up being and how close they are to me. The main point though is that these select service partners will likely be more accessible than an Elio store front. Because they already have a large presence in the market it will offer an Elio customer more flexibility. They will probably offer multiple options other than just the one I listed.

Like everything else, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please don’t take this post as, in your face. Just trying to put out information that increases knowledge and invokes thought.

This is from EM company web site..

If there really is beauty in simplicity, then Elio is a knockout. Your proverbial 10! That’s because Elio was specifically engineered for reliability and simple service. As if that wasn’t enough, Elio is partnering with a nationwide authorized service center. This service center will have more authorized locations than any other major brand – and stocked with all the parts and accessories needed to keep your Elio running smoothly.
This is unrelated to the post....i see oath keeper at the bottom of your post are you Military or LEO ? Double D in Ohio, retired LEO

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it should be Walmart. There is one in every town almost

Top Bottom