• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Commitment Details

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get that you have to pre-pay in full before seeing or driving it? Nothing could be further from the truth.
It's so far off I don't know where to start.
No where in that commitment does it require you to pre-pay in full; you pay when you're ready to drive away in it.
Elio has not communicated clearly. But NOWHERE do they say any additional money will be required before you pick up your car. At that time, you're expected to pay the balance due in full, in cash, via their credit card system, or by some other conventional financing, if they offer it.

Test drives will be offered, but there is a problem -- no way can they offer 56,000 test drives; there's no fleet to do it with! SIL people MAY get test drives, but there, too, the sheer logistics of it (16,000 SILs at this point) are still daunting.

I, too, want a test drive in the worst way: noise, handling, braking, shift effort, and driving visibility are all issues I'd like resolved. If it sounds like a tin can, I don't want it. (Well, I do, but I'd be very disappointed in it). But if push comes to shove, I'll buy the car and either add soundproofing material or re-sell it.

In any event, as an SIL buyer, it's my responsibility to have the money ready and to collect the car in Shreveport (or someplace in KY -- Elio will not be able to have sales outlets in OH unless something really changes before then, an unlikely occurrence).

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But if push comes to shove, I'll buy the car and either add soundproofing material or re-sell it.
Yup.
In any event, as an SIL buyer, it's my responsibility to have the money ready and to collect the car in Shreveport (or someplace in KY -- Elio will not be able to have sales outlets in OH unless something really changes before then, an unlikely occurrence).
It was my understanding that EM would deliver it to my driveway.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are not currently allowed to sell vehicles in Ohio. That may change; but if it doesn't I will have to go out of state.
So... Other than the extra cost...
What would be wrong with buying it online and having it delivered to your driveway in Ohio?
It will be very interesting to see how EM handles "group" deliveries in free states anyway...
Since they've already said that they will not have their outlets set up in time...
For the production and delivery of the 65,000 reservations.

Pep Boys? Or will they just pick a bunch of parking lots and hope that the owners don't mind?

Theories?

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So... Other than the extra cost...
What would be wrong with buying it online and having it delivered to your driveway in Ohio?
It will be very interesting to see how EM handles "group" deliveries in free states anyway...
Since they've already said that they will not have their outlets set up in time...
For the production and delivery of the 65,000 reservations.

Pep Boys? Or will they just pick a bunch of parking lots and hope that the owners don't mind?

Theories?

Building 500 cars per day is doable. However, 500 deliveries nationwide per day is a more challenging logistic. Of course it could be done to drop-lots, but delivery paperwork could take 1 hour per car with multiple agents at multiple locations. That is a logistical nightmare. I believe the "paperwork" will have to be handled online to Elio and the car delivered to a drop-lot un-driven or it must be picked up in Shreveport. In which case, 500 test drives per day times 20 min each and 500 contract closures per day at 30 min each, and 10 min just to find your car is an even bigger logistical problem. 500 man-hours per day/8 = 63+ employees just to move the cars out as fast as they are made. Then you have to find your way off of the parking lot. What happens when production is doubled?

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just happy that I will get another $300 off. I want the Elio and want to support the car because I believe it will help a lot of people and save a lot of gas. It was reassuring that we got a new price it shows that were closer to production. I looking forward to my new Elio.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just happy that I will get another $300 off. I want the Elio and want to support the car because I believe it will help a lot of people and save a lot of gas. It was reassuring that we got a new price it shows that were closer to production. I looking forward to my new Elio.

I'm not fluent in Legalese, so please forgive. Can someone with more Literary Limbo verify the below?

Is the $300 on top of the "All In" Bonus (in my case $500)?. ...or are we signing this away to give Elio a "Commitment" and get $300?

Put another way... Do we still get the $500 "All In" Bonus if we sign the Commitment?

-sterling

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not fluent in Legalese, so please forgive. Can someone with more Literary Limbo verify the below?

Is the $300 on top of the "All In" Bonus (in my case $500)?. ...or are we signing this away to give Elio a "Commitment" and get $300?

Put another way... Do we still get the $500 "All In" Bonus if we sign the Commitment?

-sterling
Yes.
Commitment gives you a fixed price of $7,000
Your $1K deposit + $500 (50%) bonus is still in place
If you were an early adopter, there was an additional bonus they gave based on when you went All In.

Commitment does not change any previous bonuses you received.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are not currently allowed to sell vehicles in Ohio. That may change; but if it doesn't I will have to go out of state.

Does Ohio have a "dealership association" complaining about direct sales and the fact that they will have no place in the food chain? That's what kept Tesla from selling in CT until recently.

Top Bottom