• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Commuters

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bilgerat - "I was just out riding my bike minding my own business and realized it was January 4th!"

View attachment 12017
Thanks goes to NSTG8R for finding such an unusual innovation in transportation. I have forwarded the content with the following caption:
tonofbricks-jpg.12017.jpg

The need for refinement does not detract from the admirable desire to innovate.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am married to a Thai woman. Although Thailand has National Health Care, the care of the elderly in Thailand is performed by the family. This is the norm that the US can expect as Medicaid gets more expensive and Medicare provides less coverage and benefits. I believe that you and your wife are part of the first wave of such caregivers and changes. I have no doubt that my wife will care for me as I age and this will enable me to preserve my assets for my family as opposed to selling off assets to qualify for Medicare, Hospice, long-term care, etc. Asset protection is an important point in my present planning.

All of us in the forum can empathize with your situation. Our age group is predominately 60+. That is why I am suggesting that we can all benefit from supporting you and learning from your experiences. I will be reading your posts to help me anticipate what may be coming to each of us.
Thoughts and Prayers,
Frim
I learned more than most on this thread may want to hear during the last year in this journey. 'The system' has many wonderfully caring and competent professionals...but is a badly broken system. No one really guided me thru it. I had to learn as I went thru it. Maybe the resources were there somewhere but in the crisis I did not learn about them. My wife and I were 'thrown' into it a year ago when Dad was hospitalized while we were away on travels. While he was in rehab, we realized he could not return home to living alone, nor was returning to his living in a retirement home a good fit for him. He was not psychologically ready for an assisted living facility situation tho there was a really nice one that we made a reservation for. (I can tell you why this was SO important if you PM me.) So we made preparation for him to come home. He needed Durable Medical Equipment (hospital bed, bath transfer bench, transport wheelchair, ramp, etc.). But those needs didn't meet the nearly impossible standard for Medicare reimbursement. But if we had a doctors order prior to purchase, they'd qualify for a Fed tax deduction as DME.
Yikes.... This will be too long and Coss will have a cow for off-topic.
Ask me separately about some specifics of what we did right including...
Bidet!
Assisted-living reservation, and why
Legal help for asset protection/Medicare
Transition coordination
Apologies to those on this thread uninterested in this rabbit trail....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes.... This will be too long and Coss will have a cow for off-topic.
Apologies to those on this thread uninterested in this rabbit trail....

images[7].jpg
<you put it in the wrong place ...........>

Nah, sometimes you do what you have to where you are because it weighs heavy on your mind.

I know how you feel in a situation like that, it's a lot to deal with; you simply feel helpless that you couldn't do more.

Top Bottom