• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Concept Vs Production Car

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What if EM is still only pushing a concept rather than a car at this time. Would things look different to you? I think you must agree, the more people you sell the concept to (three wheels vs four and the over all size) the easyer it will be to sell the actual car (or do you think they are one in the same?). It could be the best car in the world, but not if the concept does not catch on. Selling the car before the concept, is like putting the cart before the horse.
Yes the car may look and feel like sh-t now, but this is not the car you will be buying. They are marketing a concept not selling a car. The car doesn't exist yet.JMO

Last edited:

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 'concept' of 3 wheels has been around for awhile; " The 1886 Benz, the world's first gasoline-powered car."
47bdf5a5-0010a-02eb8-400cb8e1.jpe

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Decided to make this a thread.

What if EM is still only pushing a concept rather than a car at this time. Would things look different to you? I think you must agree, the more people you sell the concept to (three wheels vs four and the over all size) the easyer it will be to sell the actual car (or do you think they are one in the same?). It could be the best car in the world, but not if the concept does not catch on. Selling the car before the concept, is like putting the cart before the horse. JMO

I think the evolution of the Elio is pretty straightforward, ie. 2008 concept to business plan,
followed by evolving prototypes generated to mimic engineered models (P1-5 maybe P6)
engine & crash testing, then go to initial production, & ramp up by demand.......the 'concept'
proves the production model & vise versa............... :)

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the evolution of the Elio is pretty straightforward, ie. 2008 concept to business plan,
followed by evolving prototypes generated to mimic engineered models (P1-5 maybe P6)
engine & crash testing, then go to initial production, & ramp up by demand.......the 'concept'
proves the production model & vise versa............... :)
Concept and prototype are more or less the same thing.
In reality, it should be concept vs production model

Top Bottom