• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I noticed a characteristic of the Configurator that may be an issue. The situation in question is simple to create so I will use that method to describe the issue. First, launch the Configurator and select any color that is not close to the default color of red. Using blue, green or black works just fine. Now select Summary. On the second line of the summary the color that you have selected will be included. Now "print" the summary to a file or, if your browser displays the document before creating a file then skip creating the file.
Now for the issue: Using the finished summary, regardless of the color selected, the picture of the Elio appended to the bottom of the printed summary is a red Elio. I first saw the red Elio when I had ordered a white Elio. I began to worry about the order record that would be created. What would I get, a red Elio or a white Elio? The red picture at the bottom of the order could just be a static picture thus unrelated to the data in the order. If that is the case, why have a static picture that will cause confusion on every order that is for a color other than red? The confusion could possibly deter someone from placing an order. I am not going to place an order for a vehicle where there is that kind of confusion. Therefore, IMHO, if there is to be a picture of an Elio included on the summary, the color of the Elio should be the color indicated in the order.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everything ELIO including the Configurator is still WIP, (Work In Progress), I will look at it again, when ELIO upgrades it.
Can somebody tell me what the difference between "configure" and "configurate" is?

PhreighnQ

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Most likely they use a stock image for the printout. I would doubt that it changes for any of the options. That probably won't change even when the final configurator is available.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything ELIO including the Configurator is still WIP, (Work In Progress), I will look at it again, when ELIO upgrades it.
Can somebody tell me what the difference between "configure" and "configurate" is?

#1) "configurate" is also in Merriam-Webster's: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/configurate and is defined as "to give or assign a form to : fashion, shape, form".

#2) Note: I've just found "configurate" in the (big) OED. The OED provides four definitions, three labelled obsolete, and the fourth, with citations from 1566 to 1837, labelled Now rare.

#3) "Configurate" is an erroneous back-formation from "configuration"; it is not a real word.

Is that good enough for you?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed a characteristic of the Configurator that may be an issue. The situation in question is simple to create so I will use that method to describe the issue. First, launch the Configurator and select any color that is not close to the default color of red. Using blue, green or black works just fine. Now select Summary. On the second line of the summary the color that you have selected will be included. Now "print" the summary to a file or, if your browser displays the document before creating a file then skip creating the file.
Now for the issue: Using the finished summary, regardless of the color selected, the picture of the Elio appended to the bottom of the printed summary is a red Elio. I first saw the red Elio when I had ordered a white Elio. I began to worry about the order record that would be created. What would I get, a red Elio or a white Elio? The red picture at the bottom of the order could just be a static picture thus unrelated to the data in the order. If that is the case, why have a static picture that will cause confusion on every order that is for a color other than red? The confusion could possibly deter someone from placing an order. I am not going to place an order for a vehicle where there is that kind of confusion. Therefore, IMHO, if there is to be a picture of an Elio included on the summary, the color of the Elio should be the color indicated in the order.
Yes, unless it said : "image of your order attached" I would look at it as a logo picture.
And as stated by msmith5150 when the configurator first came out in 2016:
Remember folks, this configurator is like the "beta" stage, probably even "alpha" stage of a development cycle. Software companies do this all the time, especially game developers. There are several reasons to put this out. They want to keep interest going in new ways, they want to "use" us as free testers for the software and the website, and get an early gauge of interest in various items and options. Among other likely reasons.

The site and options and pricing will all change (probably many times) between now and when they call it officially released for use.

So just have fun with it, don't take things on it too seriously! :)

**http://www.elioowners.com/threads/myelio-me-is-up-running.7169/page-9#post-145098**

Top Bottom